Here Is How You Can Configure Firewall & Internet Security While Setting Up Multi Users in QuickBooks
While using QuickBooks Desktop in a multi-user environment, users often face difficulty related to firewall issues. If the firewall is not updated, it will block Internet access required for specific QuickBooks programs or files. Thus, to use multi-user QuickBooks setup, the user has to configure the Firewall in the desktop.
While updating the system firewall to its latest version, there are chances that you may fix this issue or may be required to configure your firewall software.
You can also take QuickBooks support from our Intuit certified ProAdvisors.
How to Configure Firewall and Antivirus setting?
There are a few solutions that can fix the issues related to QuickBooks firewall ports:
Configure exceptions and ports manually
You have to manually configure exceptions for QuickBooks firewall ports by following the below steps.
- Choose Windows Firewall from the ‘Firewall application‘.
- On the right pane, select ‘Advanced Settings‘.
- Right-click ‘Inbound Rules‘ and choose ‘New Rule‘.
- Click on ‘Port‘ and select ‘Next‘.
- Ensure that ‘TCP‘ is selected. Enter the ‘Specific ports‘ required for your QuickBooks year version and choose ‘Next‘.
- Add each year’s ports in the format while using multiple year versions of QuickBooks Desktop.
- In the case of QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
- The ports for QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
- Required for QuickBooks Desktop 2016: 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
- For QuickBooks Desktop 2015: 8019, 56725, 55363-55367
- Click ‘Next‘ and select ‘Allow the Connection‘.
- Check-mark all the profiles and then select ‘Next‘.
- Give the rule a name, for example, ‘QBPorts‘. Click ‘Finish‘ when done.
- Repeat the above steps for the ‘Outbound Rules‘.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop again in ‘Multi-user mode‘ or over your network and check if the issue has been resolved.
Configure firewall ports automatically
QuickBooks file doctor is a very useful tool to automatically configure Windows firewall. You can use this software to configure firewall ports automatically.
Configure Antivirus and Windows Firewall:
Add an exclusion in Windows Defender or installed Antivirus program.
- Open ‘Windows Defender Security Center‘.
- Open ‘Virus and Threat Protection‘ Settings.
- Click on ‘Add an Exclusion‘. Select ‘Folder‘.
- Add ‘Intuit Folder‘ in C drive as exclusion.
- Select ‘OK‘ button.
Configure Antivirus/Firewall Programs
Due to the vast number of firewall programs available and their ever-changing versions, it would be tough for us to provide you with additional configuration steps. Rather, you can contact your technician or your software’s documentation or the software publisher’s website for support. You can also contact our certified technicians.
Add the following ports to your 3rd party Antivirus/Firewall:
You need to check and verify that the TCP is selected and for your QuickBooks year version: (On the installation of QuickBooks. In addition you will need to add each year’s ports as well in this format: 8019, +++++, +++++, +++++,+++++).
QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
QB Desktop 2016: 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
QuickBooks Desktop 2015: 8019, 56725, 55363-55367
Add the following executable to your 3rd party Antivirus/Firewall:
Note: If you see Program Files (x86), go there as that means you are on a 64-bit Operating system.
|AutoBackupExe.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\YOUR QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|Dbmlsync.exe||C:\program Files\Intuit\YOUR QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|DBManagerExe.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\YOUR QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|FileManagement.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\YOUR QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|FileMovementExe.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\YOUR QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|QuickBooksMessaging.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\YOUR QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|QuickBooksMessageing.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\YOUR QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|QBW32.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\YOUR QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|QBDMgrN.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\YOUR QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|QBGDSPlugin.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\YOUR QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|QBSeverUtilityMgr.exe||C:\Program Files\Common files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS|
|QBCFMoniterService.exe||C:\Program Files\Common files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS|
|QBLaunch.exe||C:\Program Files\Common files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS|
|QBUpdate.exe||C:\Program Files\Common files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS\QBUpdate|
|IntuitSyncManager.exe||C:\Program Files\Common files\Intuit\Sync|
|OnlineBackup.exe||C:\Program Files\QuickBooks Online Backup|
We hope that the above-provided solutions enable you to configure a firewall port. However, In any case the error persists you can contact our QuickBooks Enterprise Support team at +1-866-707-7925 and we will be glad to offer Quick and accurate solutions.