- July 20, 2019
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: QB Enterprise Solutions
Get familiar with the procedure to enter and delete transactions by batch in QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks Desktop is generally used to manage business invoices, as well as expenses safely and comfortably. It is an excellent accounting tool in all aspects. This software comes with numerous advanced features that make accounting easy and accurate. It is also used to organize business financial data all at one place. This software has countless other features that are necessary to manage the company file data.
Not be known to many, this software is also proficient in making batch entries for invoices, checks, deposits, credit card charges, credit memos, etc. If you want to know how to enter and delete transactions by batch in QuickBooks Desktop, sticking to this article will surely help you. In this article, we will be conversing the simple steps to enter and delete the transactions by batch in QuickBooks Desktop.
Points to Remember
Before you start with entering transactions by batch, you are required to consider specific points. Let us together have a look at those points:
- The very first thing that you need to remember is to create a back-up before performing the steps that we will be discussing later on in this article.
- “Copy multiple transactions from one company file to another”, if you wish to export transactions from another company file.
- Also, remember that, if you have QB desktop accountant 14.0 and the later versions, then you can merely make batch entries of checks, invoices, credit memos, bills, credit card charges, and bill credit.
Learn the Ways to Enter and Delete transactions by batch in QuickBooks Desktop features
1. Batch Enter Transactions Feature
- The very first step is to choose the order in which you want to display the data of columns and from the multiple data fields.
- Then, you need to enter the transactions into a personalized data entry grid.
- Lastly, paste more than 1000+ transactions from Excel and save them at one place.
2. Batch Delete Transactions Feature
- You are required to hide or show transactions having other linked transactions. In all other storing systems, it is generally impossible to see whether an invoice has a payment attached to it, which makes this better than others.
- We can also filter by date range, based on Last Modified Date OR Entered Date (i.e. the original creation date). This is a new filter that we never had access to in QuickBooks.
- A cleared column is also great to ensure that the user makes the right decision about whether he/she can actually want to delete or not.
List of Entering and Delete Transaction by Batch in QuickBooks Desktop
- Payee including Customers, Jobs, Vendors, Employee and other names
- Sales Tax Payments
- Credit Card Charges/ Credits
- Transactions in a closed period
- Inventory Adjustments
- General Journal Entries
- Bank Transfers
- Bills and Bill Credits
- Invoices and Credit Memos
- Payroll Liability Payments
- Down Payments
Follow the below-listed steps to enter and delete transactions by batch in QuickBooks Desktop
Enter Transaction by batch in QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks Online Banking Services can save you the data entry time by enabling you to add multiple transactions at a single point of time. We have jotted down the steps that you need to follow:
- QuickBooks users can access the “Batch Enter Transactions” from banking option on the menu bar.
- Click on the “transaction type” and later tap onto “Transaction Type” and account.
- After that, open the spreadsheet carrying the transaction you want to record in QuickBooks Desktop.
- In the next step, classify the columns in the spreadsheet to authenticate the arrangement of columns in the batch transaction screen.
- Now, Press “Ctrl + A” and right-click on the screen and hit the “Copy” option from the drop-down dialogue box appearing on the screen.
- The final step is to right-click the first date field and select “Paste” in the “Batch Enter Transaction” screen.
Note: The name and the account will show red color, if they are presently not listed in the company file. Click the name or account and then select Quick Add or Set Up.
Unleash the steps to add multiple split lines on my transaction
Split transactions basically allow the users to enhance a single or more secondary split line to a transaction, which can be achieved by following the steps listed below:
- The very first thing is to pick the transaction that you wish to add split lines.
- In the next step, you need to tap on the “Split” button.
- Then moving further, you are required to type the essential details for each split on a separate line.
- Now, click “OK” to return to the main “Batch Enter Transaction Screen“.
- Lastly, repeat this step for each of the transaction with manifold split lines.
Monitor the steps listed below to use the class in QuickBooks Desktop
- You can modify your columns to add “Class” by entering batch transaction screen.
- In the organization for class to remain allied with an item in a transaction, the item must be selected proceeding to selecting the class.
- This also relates to all forms and transaction entries. It should be noted that if a class is chosen earlier to an item, the class will be replaced when the item is chosen.
After that, tap on the “Save transaction” option and again tap on “Yes” on the “Confirm Account” screen.
Steps to deleting transaction by batch
Presently, only QB Premier Accountant, QB enterprise solutions 16.0 and QB Enterprise Accountant 2016 and the latest versions, possess the aptitude to delete transactions by batch. In this section, we will be discussing the workarounds that the users can use to accomplish the same task.
- QB Premier Accountant, QB Enterprise Solution 16.0 and QB Enterprise Accountant 2016 and newer.
- QB desktop pro or premier 2015, QBs Enterprise Solution 15.0 and earlier:
- Tap on “Ctrl + D” keys to delete more quickly.
- You can also do this from the account register.
- Next, visit the Intuit Marketplace for a third party application that can remove the unwanted transactions at once, in case you are attempting to replace all the transactions.
Follow the Steps below to Delete the transaction by batch
- Initially, find out whether the Single User mode is applied or not. If you found yourself in Multi-User Mode, then your immediate step is to go to File Menu > Switch to Single User Mode
- After that, go to the Accountant menu-select Batch Delete/ Void transactions
- Now, choose the transactions you want to delete or void them from the Available Transactions list.
- After that, choose Review & Delete (or Review and Void option).
- After performing the above steps, on the review batch, delete (or Void) transactions Screen, tap on the option to Back Up and Delete (or Back Up & Void). Note that you can also skip backing up.
- On the confirmation window, select “Yes” and then proceed.
- Lastly, once the transactions are deleted or voided, you will get to the option to “View Deleted/ Voided Transaction” Report.
Otherwise, the QuickBooks users can also opt for the Intuit Marketplace, in order to install a third-party app, which would assist them in deleting the unwanted transactions in a single take. In case you are considering to eliminate all the transactions, all you need to do is click on the “Remove all transactions using condense data utility feature”.
We end this article, with the hope that it gives you a better insight into the topic enter and delete the transactions by batch in QuickBooks Desktop and also a clear view of the facts related to it. The above-discussed procedure might help you in entering and deleting the transactions. If by any chance the above given steps don’t work best for you, then feel free to get in touch with the 24X7 QuickBooks Support team at +1-866-707-7925, and clear all your clouds of confusion.