- June 3, 2019
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: Enterprise Errors
QuickBooks is awesome software which is made to make accounting and bookkeeping easier. You could possibly stump to “QBDBMGRN not running on this computer” when using QuickBooks in multi-user mode. In this post, we are going to discuss the causes behind the QBDBMGRN error and how we can resolve this same error.
Below we have given few technical steps to resolve the error. However, you can contact our QuickBooks enterprise support team at +1-866-707-7925 to resolve the problem. This can save your valuable time and efforts.
Causes behind the QBDBMGRN error
One of the biggest reasons that QuickBooks “qbdbmgrn not running on this computer” is because that your firewall is preventing the connection of QuickBooks Desktop to the server of Intuit. We can only suggest that you can update the firewall followed by configuring exceptions and ports to overcome the issue.
In QuickBooks, QBdbmgrn.exe is a utility for multi-user access. The program takes the care of networking the data file on the host computer. Some other possible causes are:
- The configuration of firewall is incomplete or incorrect.
- Your QuickBooks Database server manager (QBDBSM) is not updated.
- There is QuickBooks Network file (.ND files) problems.
- There is an Incorrect installation of QB server manager
- 3rd party firewall software is blocking your QuickBooks to access.
- You internet is creating problems
Resolution of QuickBooks QBDBMGRN error
The solution can be done in two ways-
Method 1 : Reboot your computer system
- Log off from your QuickBooks account.
- Close ‘QuickBooks Desktop‘.
- Shut down your ‘QuickBooks account‘.
- Restart your computer.
- Open QuickBooks and then try to login to your account.
Method 2: Update Windows Firewall
- First of all you need to Press ‘Windows + R keys’, on your keyboard.
- After that ‘Run‘ window and type ‘Control panel‘.
- Hit on ‘Enter key‘ and then choose ‘System and Security option‘.
- After that go to the ‘Windows Firewall‘ option that is under the ‘Update your Firewall Settings‘ section.
- Now click there to ‘Check for Updates‘.
- If there is an update available then Click on ‘Update Now‘.
- Finally reboot your computer and open your QuickBooks.
Method 3: Repair QuickBooks Desktop
- Firstly hit ‘Windows + R keys‘ on your keyboard.
- After that click on ‘Run’ window and type ‘cpl‘.
- Now hit on ‘Enter‘ key.
- After that go to the ‘Programs and features‘ section.
- Search the QuickBooks in the installed programs.
- After that hit a click on QuickBooks and select ‘Uninstall/Change‘.
- Now Click on ‘Continue‘ and then ‘Next > Repair > Next‘.
- It will take some time to complete the process.
- Once the process is done, restart your system.th
Method 4: Restart QuickBooks Database Server Manager Services
- Press ‘Windows + R‘ keys on your keyboard. This will open the RUN dialog box.
- In the ‘Run‘ command box, type ‘msc‘ and hit ‘Enter‘ key.
- Scroll down your mouse and search for ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager‘ named as one of these ‘QuickBooksDB28, QuickBooksDB27or QuickBooksDB26‘.
- Give a right click to ‘Service‘
- Finally try to open your QuickBooks desktop.
Method 5: Perform a clean installation of your QuickBooks
- Download & Run ‘QuickBooks Clean Install Tool‘
- Rename the ‘Installation folders‘ manually
- Add “old” or “damaged‘ at the end of a folder name.
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Users(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)
Method 6: Manual steps to fix the error
- Download QuickBooks File Doctor .exe tool and then install it on your computer.
- Operate this software and it will diagnose the network which is made to solve the error like QBDBMGRN error. It prints a report plus it automatically repairs the error.
- If in case your hosting mode is turned off then it indicates you to turn on QuickBooks hosting so that company file could open.
- You need to set up access permission in Windows for the user to get permission when the result indicates that the folder has non-writable read only company file.
- You have to grant permissions in Windows and make the folder shareable only if the folder has non-shareable company file.
- You must run ‘ipconfig‘ when there is no network connectivity.
Note: Each computer has it’s own IP address and if various adapters are in use then for only one adapter you have to specify a one IP address.
- Set up exceptions in ‘Windows Firewall‘ for QuickBooks if the firewall is blocking QuickBooks.
- Set up a firewall to open ‘Dynamic DB port‘ for QB File Doctor and other ‘QuickBooks apps‘ and do this on both client and server computer systems, if QBDMGRN is not running. Ensure that the hosting on the server is turned on and that you can ping the server.
We hope that the steps mentioned above to repair QBDBMGRN not running on this computer has helped you a lot to repair this error. And even after implementing the above steps if then error still persist then feel free to seek help which we provide round the clock from QuickBooks Support by calling on their toll-free number at +1-866-707-7925.
Few other helpful articles