Considered as one of the most chosen accounting software, QuickBooks is highly recommended software as well. It has many advantages which makes the work of daily accounts quite easy and quick. But with all goods, QuickBooks also comes with many issues and errors. Sometimes, it gets every difficult to troubleshoot the errors, and thus, proper QuickBooks expert Support is required.
Some of the common errors of the QuickBooks can be fixed easily and in this article, we have given tips to resolve basic QuickBooks company file Issues. In case, you are unable to troubleshoot the error using the steps below, you can contact QuickBooks support on their toll-free number +1-866-707-7925.
Important Point to Remember
Points to consider before you start troubleshooting the QuickBooks Company File Issues:
- First of all, make it very sure the issue has occurred with the Company File and not the program. Also, make sure that the QuickBooks has been updated so that it can function better. You can do this in this way:
- Click and hold the ‘Ctrl key‘ and double-click the ‘QuickBooks Desktop icon‘
- If the program is not starting, then try another method
Note: When you are doing this, ensure that you do not release Ctrl key until the No Company Open window opens
- Ensure that company file is hosted by only one computer. If it is being hosted by other computers as well, turn it off. You can do the same by following steps:
- In QuickBooks, go to ‘File > Utilities‘
- Now, choose to ‘Stop hosting multi-user access‘
Note: If you see anything else apart from Stop hosting multi-user access, that means that multi-user hosting has already been turned off.
- Now move on to the next steps
- Make sure that the QuickBooks Desktop is not corrupted. While opening a sample file, if you find an error, then troubleshoot the QuickBooks Desktop Installation.
Steps to Resolve Common QuickBooks Company File Issues
Below we have shared few methods to resolve most common QuickBooks desktop company file issues.
Solution 1: Open QuickBooks Company File from QuickBooks Desktop
When you find that the issues you are facing with QuickBooks continue to grow, at that time, moving Company File to Windows Desktop cam help with folder permission problems.
Step 1: In QuickBooks, go to File and Open or Restore the Company
Step 2: Find the correct radio button for the file you are opening
Final Step: Browse to the file location and open it.
Note: You will get a notification of where you want to restore the file if you are opening a .QBX, .QBB or .QBM file.
Solution 2: Preventing QuickBooks Desktop Windows from Opening Automatically
An error occurs wherein when you try to open the company file, many windows open. In this case, you can follow the steps below:
- Choose the company file on the No Company Open window
- Click and hold the ALT key and Open
Note: If you get a login window, enter your password, click and hold the ALT key and Click Ok. Till the time company file starts completely or the error text pops up, do not release the ALT key.
If the company file opens and no error pops up and proceed with the steps below:
- Go to Edit > Preferences
- Press the Desktop View > Don’t Save the Desktop
- Press OK
Solution 3: Rename .TLG and .ND extensions on the QuickBooks Company Files
If you find that the TLG and ND files are corrupt, then you can stay up to the old ones. This will now help you open your file.
Step 1: Open the folder where QuickBooks company file is saved.
Step 2: Right-click on the transaction log file and rename to OLD.qbw.TLG
Final Step: Open company file, this will enable QuickBooks to build new TLG and ND files.
* When you delete .TLG files, then you are not assisted as they can recover your lost data
* Copy the transaction log file with company file so that error does not take place again
Solution 4: Copy QuickBooks Company File to New Location
If you notice that your company file is placed in network drive, then you must copy it to the local drive. If local file open, then resolve your network configuration. Also, try to download and run QuickBooks File Doctor to help you.
Step 1: Create a new folder in C: drive
Step 2: Open folder where company file is
Step 3: Click and hold Ctrl key. Select the company file and corresponding .TLG of company file
Step 4: Right click and Copy
Step 5: Open new folder, Right click and select Paste
In the worst case, if after following all the above steps, the error still persists, then you can speak to our QuickBooks experts. Our QuickBooks Enterprise Support toll-free number is +1-866-707-7925 wherein you can connect with our experts, share your concern and get it troubleshoot in the least time possible.
Other helpful articles