- Last Updated on:   Jan 16th, 2020
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: Enterprise Errors
Reasons and solutions of QuickBooks Error 3371: QuickBooks could not Load the License Data
QuickBooks is a premier choice of small and mid-sized business owners in the USA, Canada, and the rest of the world. The software assists business owners in taking care of a host of complicated tasks that otherwise require professionals. Along with saving money on hiring more employees, QuickBooks also saves valuable time and makes almost no errors in creating invoices, preparing taxes, monitoring expenses and many other tasks that require expert employees or agencies.
However, a few errors and issues that may appear while activating or opening QuickBooks desktop may hold back users from meeting their business and financial goals. In this article we are going to discuss the reasons behind the occurrence of this issue so that you can avoid it from recurring and also the top solution that will help you Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 like a professional. You can also take help from our QuickBooks support team to save your valuable time and efforts.
You may also read: Resolve QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303, or H505
What is QuickBooks Could not Load the License Data?
One of the most common errors that appear when a user tries to activate or open QuickBooks accounting software is QuickBooks Error 3371. No matter you are new to QuickBooks or have been using the software for years, this error may show up any time. It’s simple to identify this error as a message with the error code along with possible reasons shows up on the screen.
When you activate or open QuickBooks desktop, you see one of these error messages:
Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
The message may read – “could not initialize license properties: QuickBooks could not load the license data.”
This error oftentimes occurs when a QuickBooks file is damaged or missing. This error type may hold you back from meeting your deadlines and be very frustrating. Today we will learn the ways to get rid of this bug. Let’s first discuss the reasons for this annoying error.
What Causes QuickBooks Could not Load the License Data Error?
One or more of the following reasons may cause “QuickBooks could not load the license data” error.
- QuickBooks Error 3371/ QuickBooks could not load the license data/QuickBooks Stopped working appears when you try to copy the company or computer data on C:/ drive to a hard drive.
- You may face this issue if Qbregistration.dat file goes missing. The file consists of your license information.
- Your MSXML component is damaged and since it is required for running your computer (as the component is provided by Microsoft).
- Anti virus program blocks QuickBooks desktop, which stops the sync with the important windows components needed by QuickBooks.
- Failed or incomplete windows updates can also keep the windows components outdated, which can lead to more problems for QuickBooks desktop like:
How to Resolve Error 3371: Could not initialize license data?
You can try the following solutions to get rid of “QuickBooks could not load the license data” error.
Method 1: Delete the .ecml file
- Open Run command (press “Windows key + R” keys) on your keyboard).
- Find “.ecml file” and “Delete” it.
- Try to Run QuickBooks normally and register the product.
Method 2: Update your Windows OS to latest
If the issue persists after trying solution 1, continue to the next step.
- Click the “Start” button on your keyboard or on the bottom left of your computer screen.
- Click “All Programs” and go to Windows update.
- Check for updates.
- Download all the available updates and reinstall the software.
Most probably, the issue should be fixed after trying the above two solutions. On the off chance that the problem continues, you can try the following troubleshooting steps.
Method 3: Manually delete EntitlementDataStore.ecml file
This solution includes deleting the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and make sure that no QuickBooks related is running.
- Open Task Manager (Press “Ctrl+Shift+Esc” on your keyboard and choose “Task Manager“).
- Choose the “Processes tab“.
- Select the “Process Name header” to sort the processes alphabetically.
- Find and select all instances of “QBW32.EXE.” and click “End Task“
- Go to the “entitlement data” folder for your Windows operating system and version of QuickBooks software.
- Open run command (“Windows key+R“).
- Copy and paste or manually type “C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6)” and hit “Enter” key.
- Delete the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- Select “Yes” when prompted to delete the file.
- Open your company file and register for the application.
Method 4: Use QBInstall Diagnostic Tool
This troubleshooting step includes fixing the Microsoft .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++ issues.
- Download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the internet.
- Save the file for the tool on the desktop.
- Close all open Windows and QuickBooks programs.
- Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Restart your computer.
Method 5: Perform a clean install of QuickBooks
This step in includes uninstalling QuickBooks and reinstalling QuickBooks using clean install.
- Uninstall QuickBooks
- Click “Start Menu“.
- Go to “Control Panel“.
- Open “Programs and Features” and then click on “Uninstall a Program“.
- Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop.
- Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
We hope that you find this article helpful in fixing QuickBooks Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. If you need any more assistance, you can contact us at our 24×7 QuickBooks enterprise support number .i.e. +1-866-707-7925 and speak to our experts.