QuickBooks Desktop and Payroll are innovative accounting software that are easy to use and don’t require users to go through any training. However, while updating them users may receive some errors. Many of the reported QuickBooks Desktop and Payroll errors start with number 15 such as 15103, 15104, 15105, 15106, 15223, 15240, etc. If you too have received issues that start with 15, here is how you can fix them.
In this blog post, we are going to discuss about how to Fix QuickBooks Desktop or Payroll Update Errors? Read carefully to the solution steps in order to get rid of from the 15xxx series error.
Error code 15xxx – Troubleshooting steps
If you have received 15xxx error, below mentioned steps can help you fix it. If you are looking for an instant help from experts, contact our QuickBooks enterprise support team that is always ready here to assist you in better way.
- Run Reboot.bat
- Close QuickBooks Desktop/Payroll.
- Find and open the folder where reboot.bat file is saved.
- Run the file as an Administrator.
- A DOS command window will pop up. Let the file utility complete and window will close down n its own. Don’t close that manually.
- Restart your computer.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and see if the issue is fixed.
- Click Install now if you receive any prompt.
- In case the update fails to get installed, delete the update and download it again.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop, go to Help menu, and Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select Update Now tab and click on Reset the Update check box.
- After the download is over, close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Reopen QuickBooks Desktop, go to QuickBooks Desktop Update Service window and click install now.
More often than not, the above-mentioned steps shall fix the error. In case the error persists, you can move on to the next steps.
Step 1: Verify Internet Explorer Settings:
If your computer is connected to the internet but you are unable to update your QB Desktop or Payroll or in performing any other QB task, you should consider configuring Internet Explorer in your system.)
- Set Internet Explorer as your default browser.
- Verify the date and time on your computer.
- Verify the Cipher Speed.
- Go to tools and click Internet Options to update settings.
Step 2: Verify QuickBooks Desktop:
- Make sure you have an active subscription.
- Reset the QB Desktop update.
- Check the accuracy of the payroll service key.
- Restart your system.
- Go to Task manager > Processes tab > Qbwebconnector.exe > End process.
If the issue still exists, move on to the next solution.
Step 3: Configure firewall and Internet security settings for QB Desktop/Payroll
Perform this step if you know how to configure firewall, antivirus and other third party programs. In case you need assistance you refer to Intuit’s official site or speak to your IT team.
Step 4: Install or uninstall QB Desktop in Selective Startup
- Open Run command (press window and R keys together) and type msconfig.
- Select OK.
- Click the General tab, then selective startup, and Load system services.
- Open Services tab and select hide all Microsoft Services.
- Disable all.
- Uncheck the Hide all Microsoft Services checkbox.
- Verify the Windows Installer checkbox is clicked. Select OK.
- Click Restart on the System Configuration window.
- Once your computer is back on, you can install, uninstall or reinstall QuickBooks Desktop through clean install.
To repair QuickBooks payroll and desktop update errors you need to Install a digital signature certificate. Let’s see how to install digital signature certificate.
- Firstly navigate to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- After that hit a right-click on QBW32.exe.
- Choose Properties option.
- Now you have to move to the Digital Signature tab.
- Ensure that the Intuit is selected in the signature list.
- After that choose the Details option.
- Choose the View Certificate option, In Digital Signature Details window.
- Now choose the Install Certificate.
- Choose the Next option until the Finish message is displayed on your computer screen.
- After that choose Finish button.
- Reboot your computer.
- Once the system rebooted successfully you need to Open your QuickBooks desktop and then re-download the update.
- Download the updates in Safe Mode
- You need to Open your computer in Safe Mode.
- After that Re-download the update.
- Once the download process succeed, reboot your computer in Normal Mode.
- Finally try to re-download the update in normal mode.
A few 15xxx errors may require some additional resolutions.
Below you will find few 15xxx series errors and it’s solution steps.
Solution Steps for QuickBooks Error 15223
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Open Advanced tab.
- Go to Security and find Use TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and Use TLS 1.2..
- Verify that Use TLS 1.0 box is unchecked and Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.1 boxes are checked.
- Click Apply and then OK.
- Retry the update.
- If the error still appears, uninstall and install QuickBooks Desktop in Selective Startup and retry the update.
If the issue still exists, follow these steps:
- Consider registering .dll files.
- Open Internet Explorer and clear SSL state.
- You may have to configure Firewall and Internet security settings.
Solution Steps for QuickBooks Error 15240
- Run QuickBooks as Windows Administrator.
- Verify your computer’s date and time settings.
- Include Windows permissions to the installation folders of QuickBooks.
- Open and verify the Internet Explorer settings.
- Check your firewall.
Solution Steps for QuickBooks Error 15271
- Turn off the UAC (User Account Control) in Windows. If this step doesn’t fix the issue, move on to the next step.
- Close and reopen QuickBooks Desktop/Payroll.
- In case the QuickBooks Update Service message window pops up, select Install Later.
- Next, update QB Desktop to the latest release.
- Close and reopen QB Desktop.
- If you receive a prompt to install an update, click Install Now. After the installation is over, wait for QuickBooks Desktop to open. Select yes if you are prompted to restart the system.
- Ensure that your payroll tax tables are updated.
- If the error persists, install or uninstall QuickBooks Desktop in Selective Startup.
We hope that you find this blog post helpful in fixing issues received while updating QuickBooks Desktop or Payroll. In case you need assistance you can contact our 24×7 QuickBooks support team at 1-866-707-7925. Our experts ensure you get quick and precise solutions of all your QuickBooks related issues.
Some other articles to follow