- June 3, 2019
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: Enterprise Errors
Simple Tips to Fix QuickBooks Enterprise Activation Errors
QuickBooks Desktop is a leading accounting software that is used by millions of mid and small-sized business owners from all around the world. However, both old and new users time to time keep receiving some error and glitches that interrupt their work, cause them to miss deadlines and at times lose data. Also, the errors may appear at any time, even while installing the software.
You are here on this page probably because you received an error that says – validation code is incorrect or the service is temporarily unavailable. But don’t be confused, we have listed some of the easiest steps for you to try out and get your QuickBooks Enterprise Activation Issue.
First, you must check all of these:
- Is your QuickBooks account already active?
- Have you listed the correct license number or the activation key that was given to you at the time of purchasing QuickBooks account? To check the same, it will be either on the CD envelope or in your inbox under the confirmation mail.
Now even after checking the above bullet points, you are in the middle of nowhere to solve your issue, let’s begin to dig deeper.
QuickBooks Activation Errors
There are many common errors that a user can face when you try to activate QuickBooks after installing it. These errors arise with some error messages on the screen. Error messages are given below:
Error “You have entered incorrect license/product numbers”
Error “The validation code is incorrect”.
Error “This service is temporarily unavailable”.
How to Fix Error – You have entered incorrect license/product numbers?
You need to check if the license number and product code match:
If you purchased the QuickBooks Desktop from Intuit official website then you need to see in the purchase confirmation email you received from Intuit.
If case you purchased the QuickBooks from a retail store then you can see the brightly coloured sticker on the original CD envelope box.
How to Fix Error – The validation code is incorrect or This service is temporarily unavailable?
Checkout the following steps to fix the following error from your QuickBooks
Solution 1: Verify that your operating system is up to date with appropriate setting, suitable for QuickBooks Enterprise Account to work
- First of all, you must close the QuickBooks application.
- Go to your ‘Windows Task Bar‘, at the bottom right corner, date and time are displayed. Right-Click on it and click ‘Adjust Time/Date‘ option.
- Choose the ‘Date & Time tab‘ and make sure you choose the ‘current date‘ only.
- To make the changes applicable, click ‘Apply‘ and then ‘OK‘ button.
- Once again, open the QB desktop. Select ‘Help> Active QB> Begin Activation‘. (in case, you have a Canadian version of the application, try this out: ‘Help> Register QB> Begin Registration‘)
- Type in your ‘Active validation code‘ and click ‘Next‘.
Solution 2: This one is pretty quick and easy to follow. You just have to reset the .ecml file
Basically, when your QuickBooks Enterprise’s encrypted files are erroneous or corrupted somehow, no matter how many times you enter the validation code to try and activate your account, it wouldn’t work.
For the purpose to solve such an irritating and unknown problem, it is mandatory to remove the entitlement file and re-enter your given license or validation code with the essential product information.
Find your entitlement file first by:
- Ensuring that QuickBooks is closed in the background and nothing related to it is processing in the back.
- Press ‘CTRL+ SHIFT+ ESC‘ to open the ‘Task Manager‘.
- Click on ‘More Details‘ to show the ‘Task manager‘. (Applicable to Windows 10)
- Click on the ‘Process Tab‘.
- Search the ‘QBW32.EXE file‘ and ‘End Job.‘
Solutions 3: Reactivating the MSXML
First, check whether you have a 32 or 64-bit operating system.
To do so,
- Go to your ‘Desktop‘.
- Find the This ‘PC icon‘.
- Right-Click to enquire which operating system you have and then proceed further for applying solution number 3.
For 64-bit operating systems: register the MSXML file with 4 easy steps.
- Type ‘CMD‘ in your start menu and run as administration by right-clicking the ‘Command Prompt search result’.
- When the prompt is open, type ‘incd \ windows \ syswow64‘.
- Enter ‘regsvr32 MSXML4.dll‘ and then press ‘Enter‘.
- Enter the ‘regsvr32 MSXML6.dll‘ and press ‘Enter‘.
For 32-bit operating systems: Try activating QB MSXML with this quick method that will be done within ten minutes:
- Press ‘Windows Key + R‘ to open the Run pop-up tab at the bottom left corner of your desktop screen.
- Type ‘CMD‘ before pressing Enter.
- Enter ‘regsvr32 MSXML4.dll,‘ then press ‘Enter‘key.
- Enter ‘regsvr32 MSXML6.dll‘ and press ‘Enter‘.
Solution 4: Run QuickBooks Install Tool
- Download and ‘Install the QuickBooks Installation tool’ from the internet.
- It’s completely safe and easy to run. It will be around ‘200 MB‘ in size. So make sure you have enough disk space in your drive.
- This tool helps to identify what seems to be the most genuine problem regarding the validation code error that you are encountering.
- It’s like QuickBooks own troubleshoot processor.
After reading and applying the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps, if you still are not able to get rid of the issue, you can either contact the official QuickBooks customer care service online or on phone call.
We hope that you are able to activate QuickBooks Enterprise on your system successfully. But if there is any issue that’s still bothering you, you can dial toll-free +1-866-707-7925 and speak to our certified QuickBooks support experts. Our team of experts boasts state of the art tools and technology and years of experience in serving organizations of all sorts and sizes. With us at your disposal, you can rest assured of quick and precise solutions.
Topics you may like