- Last Updated on:   May 29th, 2020
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: Enterprise Errors
Learn how you can resolve QuickBooks Error 6147 in just a few minutes
QuickBooks is known as most famous accounting software to manage their bookkeeping and accounting tasks. This is very innovative accounting software because here you can check how much you can spend on your employees and how much income they are generating for you. There are lots of features that will save your precious owners time so that they can give their precious time to grow their business.
We created this blog to discuss one of the most frequently error i.e QuickBooks Error 6147. This is one of the -6000 series errors when QuickBooks won’t restore backup from your computer. Moreover, if you are looking instant help to fix this error with our experts so give us a call at our toll-free number i.e. 1-866-707-7925. In this toll free number you can speak with our Certified QB professionals to discuss your issue.
Other helpful article: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 6190?
What is QuickBooks Error 6147?
QuickBooks Error 6147, 0 may appear when the file is corrupted or when attempting to open my company file or a backup file. In this error you are restoring the backup using the network drive so the name of backup file goes beyond the limitation of 210 characters which is its maximum limit. Below we have shared some of the possible causes and troubleshooting steps to resolve this error quickly. So keep read on!
What Causes QuickBooks Error 6147?
As we mentioned earlier, when the file is corrupted at the time of restoring so the backup using network drive. There can be other factors which is mentioned below that lead to QuickBooks Error Code 6147.
- While restoring a backup file from an external drive or network
- You cannot access your company file if it is damaged or corrupt (For e.g .ND or .TLG extensions)
- Or, if QBW file is damaged
- The error occurs when you give incorrect information to the QuickBooks company file.
- If the company QB file is opened by a mapped drive that might have got deleted and it doesn’t exist anymore.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6147, 0?
Now you are completely aware of causes and what symptoms you are going to see when having such error. So, check below possible solutions to discuss how to resolve QuickBooks Error 6147.
Solution 1: Download and Run QuickBooks file doctor on your server
- You have to download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor. It will scan and clean up your company file.
- When the downloading process is completed so run the tool after the installation.
Solution 2: Make a backup file at a different location
First of all, ensure that the QuickBooks backup file name is correct. If it is not correct or exceed the character limit so go to a new location and restore the backup files. There are some following steps which is given below:
- In this process make sure that you have not done hosting of your system
- After that in QuickBooks, click on the File menu and then select utilities
- If you find Stop Hosting Multi-User option there then follow the next step
- The next step is to stop the access of Hosting Multi-User
- And then, click Yes on the window and wait for a couple of minutes until any new window appears
- After that you have to click Yes again while the company file is closed
- Now you are good to go to restore the backup file present on the system
“In last you have to check as we mentioned earlier that the company file name is not more than 210 characters.
Solution 3: Use “Trend Micro Active Scan“
- Firstly, you have to find the location of the company’s file
- Then press Ctrl key and double click on QuickBooks simultaneously
- Open the software without disturbing the company’s file
- In this, company’s file must be on top so choose the company file from the list
- After that the file list will open that would display the location of the file
- Now open the scan settings in Trend Micro Active Scan
- In last carefully select the folder and add it to the exception
Solution 4: Repair .ND and .TLG file
.ND and .TLG files are configuration files of QuickBooks that allow users to run the company file easily in a network or multi-user mode. In below points you can check how to rename the file.
- Initially open the folder which includes your QuickBooks company file
- In the list locate the .ND and .TLG file
- To end the process, right click on these files and rename it to .ND old and .TLG old
Solution 5: Rename the .ADR file as main QuickBooks Company File
Renaming .ADR file can help you to fix the QuickBooks Error 6147.The few steps involved in the process are:
- The very first step is to open the folder with QuickBooks company file
- Now find QuickBooks .ADR folder
- And then, open the folder and search recent ADR file
- Last to complete the process, right click on that file and rename it to .QBW
Following these points can help you to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6147. However, if you have any doubt or query so you can directly reach out to our Certified QuickBooks desktop support team. All you have to do is to call us at out Toll free number i.e 1-866-707-7925 and our experts will help you with the right solution and resolve this error within no time.