- June 28, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Enterprise Errors
Learn How to Fix QuickBooks won’t Print Issues
Being one of the best accounting tools, QuickBooks is quite popular and highly productive for small as well as medium-sized organizations. The reason behind this is that not only it is quite filled with features, but also, it is easy to learn and can be used in an optimum manner with little practice. Intuit, the company that has manufactured this robust software, offers regular updates so that QuickBooks offers maximum productivity.
But since the software is cloud-based so that a large number of people can work on the same file simultaneously, there are times when errors start to pop-up on the screen.
One such error is that when you are trying to print a document but, the error message keeps coming up the QuickBooks won’t print or simply there is some sort of problem printing the file. Now, if you too are facing similar issues then do not worry as we are here to guide you thoroughly. In this article, we are going to talk about various types of printing issues and tips to fix them effectively in a variety of manner.
Common Printing issues in QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Printing problems checks: This issue comes up when there is an error with the software itself and all it needs is an update.
- Unable to print QuickBooks Invoice or checks: Call QuickBooks support and they will guide you through the issue effectively.
- QuickBooks Enterprise Unable to print: This is quite a similar case to the one which is mentioned right above. So, the solution for this one is also pretty much similar which is that you should prefer calling the support staff for quick help.
- Printing problem (MAC)
- QuickBooks 1099 form printing problems: If QuickBooks unable to print by MAC then you can contact QuickBooks support team to get the instant help and different sort of troubleshooting for your better convenience.
Simple Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Printing Problems
So, as we mentioned earlier, there are a number of ways using which you can fix the error of QuickBooks not printing the document. But, before we can get into that, you should first check whether or not the Print function or simply the printer is working outside QuickBooks. So, in order to test that, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Switch off the computer and printer, and restart both of them
Step 2: Check for all the necessary items required for printing to be in their places such as paper and ink.
Step 3: Visit ‘Control Panel’ and double-click on ‘Printers and Faxes’, then do a right-click on ‘Printer’ option and select the ‘Use Printer Online’ option (If the printer is offline)
Step 4: Now, click the ‘Printer’ icon and select ‘Cancel All Documents’, after that simply close the window
Step 5: Open the ‘Properties’ menu for Printer and click on the ‘Print Test Page’ option. (If the test page prints up, then follow the steps ahead, otherwise check the documentation provided by the manufacturer of the printer)
Step 6: Open ‘WordPad’, type some letters and then go to File > Print
Note: If all these works perfectly, then you can move on to the process of troubleshooting QuickBooks, otherwise, check the error with your printer’s manufacturer first.
Quick methods for solving QuickBooks print error
- Go to the folder where all the QuickBooks files are stored and then rename the Qbprint.qbp file by anything.
- If the print command does not work, try to change the file and then print again.
- If the problem is still there, then try to switch between the printing modes, i.e. Batch and Single.
- If the error message is still showing up then uninstall the existing drivers and install the latest drivers for your printer.
Selecting the right printer
There are chances that the QuickBooks Desktop is connected to some other printer present in the office. So, in order to check whether or not it is connected to the right device and default printer setup is installed, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, open QuickBooks Desktop and then click on the ‘File menu‘ in the menu bar and select ‘Printer Setup’
- Verify the printer device and then select the right printer for all the particular Forms one at a time.
Check Is the Printer on a Network or local?
- Local, the problem may be on your computer. Validate there is a connection between the printer and computer.
- Network, validate network settings are set up correctly.
Checking the Printer’s connectivity
With QuickBooks, the printer can be connected to either a Network or on the local server. So, if the printer is on a Network then validate the network settings and set them up in the correct manner.
Whereas, if the printer is set on a local server, then the cause of the problem is right in front of you which means that the connection between the computer and the printer is at fault.
Get technical help by experts
We have listed all the major solutions that you can perform in order to fix printing issues in QuickBooks. However, in case the trouble exists even after trying the steps mentioned here, you can call our QuickBooks Enterprise Support line and speak to our certified experts. We ensure quick and precise solutions to all QuickBooks related issues. Our dedicated helpline is +1-866-707-7925