- July 1, 2019
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: QuickBooks
Top Tips to Access QuickBooks Remotely
If you are somehow not aware, know that QuickBooks with its easy and reliable accounting and financial tools inbuilt has become the leader of the financial management software in the ERPs stream of alternatives online.
Presently, irrespective of the size of the businesses, corporate heads and entrepreneurs feel more at ease if they can access QuickBooks remotely. Hence, the main reason to create this blog is to let you know how you can also access QuickBooks remotely with no hiccups in between.
What Exactly Do We Mean By Remote Access?
Simply said, this means you can access your QuickBooks account from anywhere. All you need is an internet connection. The system of this remote access facility joined with QuickBooks is very secure, making information to be shared between the authoritative parties in and out of the organization really easily.
Primary Benefits Attached To Remote Access Feature
- You will be able to share important information between devices.
- You can connect even your local printer with the remotely accessed device where you are currently using the QuickBooks. By doing so, you will be able to print the documents or sheets required at the moment.
- This is definitely a time-saving modus operandi for those who wish to achieve more business operations smoothly within the same time.
- You can keep a record and track the activities updated or edited by the other clients or subordinates using the QuickBooks from practically anywhere.
- Various authoritative users with the same level of permissions and controls assigned can work together on a single document file when the deliverables are due quickly.
- You can manage the financial aspect of your businesses better with the lesser cost involved with accounting and bookkeeping from the remote locations.
Remote Access of QuickBooks is available within two editions as it’s not free. You need to subscribe to either of the ones mentioned below:
- Full Desktop Access: Costing around $7.75 USD per month.
- QuickBooks Access: This one is priced at $3.9t per month.
However, there are multiple third-party QuickBooks software for remote access which you can purchase or avail at different prevailing market rates for which you will have to contact the concerned vendors first.
Ways to Approach Remote Accessing Features of QuickBooks By Intuit
- Using QuickBooks Desktop on Cloud services.
- Trying out the online version of QuickBooks.
- For the best remote experience, you can also use the Remote Access Tool of QuickBooks.
Further, let’s discuss the requirements for each remote access solution of QuickBooks to be clearer on what are things needed to be done and in which manners.
1. Using QuickBooks Desktop on Cloud Services
Intuit is helpful in allowing authorized purchasers of QuickBooks software to host the application outside the main server. This can be accessed by QuickBooks authorized owners from any location with an internet connection.
As a matter of fact, users can avail every basic feature of the QuickBooks Desktop on the cloud version. What’s more interesting is—you can operate QuickBooks on a cloud server from different mobile devices as well with a proper internet facility, of course.
This solution is a perfect choice for those who don’t want to waste time in tiresome installations and frequent maintenance of the QuickBooks on the desktop. The hosting servers take this burden off the entrepreneur’s shoulders for a smoother road to the achievement of organizational goals.
You may also read: What is the uses of QuickBooks File Doctor?
2. Trying Out the Online Version of QuickBooks
This plan works entirely over the internet where you have to choose the plan for the authoritative people or clients who can access the QuickBooks accounts at the same time.
There’s quite a difference between the online version of the QuickBooks in comparison to the Desktop and Cloud Versions.
3. Remote Access Tool of QuickBooks
This tool works fine for accessing the same QuickBooks desktop version in another system that you have installed in your previous system. Tasks like copying and sharing documents, CSV or QuickBooks exclusive files can be done with this tool from one machine to another local one. Making the long story short, you can perform basic tasks on the data files and the information stored on your original QuickBooks desktop version from the remote machine with this swift and efficient tool.
This particular software is powered by the Cisco WebEx tool that’s mastered in organizing online meetings and webinars—a smoother flow of communication between the parties across multiple geographical locations.
Though, an inconsistent connection between the two devices can hamper the remote access tool’s operationality.
Here’s How You Setup for Enabling the Remote Access of QuickBooks
- Make an account on the Intuit official website for QuickBooks’ Remote Access add-on feature.
- Open the web browser on the device from which you wish to access the QuickBooks remotely. After that, log into your QuickBooks Remote Access account which you signed up for in the first step.
- Find the “Setup Computer” option on your account on the website to download the installation file that will begin the remote access solution on the second machine.
- Find where the aforesaid file has been stored after download and double-click it.
- Choose and then type a computer nickname of your choice in the “Nickname” field. Choose “Next” button next.
- There are certain checkmarks in the option you would want to click for better and easy user experience every time you opt for QuickBooks Remote Access Tool. These options are “Use full-screen view by default”, “Disable this computer’s keyboard and mouse” “Automatically reduce screen resolution to match”, and also “Make this computer’s screen blank.”
- Next, you are required to checkmark the applications as well to easily access QuickBooks remotely on the second machine or device. For literally a negligible amount of fee, you can access all your files and applications with the QuickBooks Remote Access. Now click “Next”.
- Select the authentication option box to use after which you need to type in a pass code or a phone number. So, whenever you use QuickBooks remotely next, the pass code will be required to enter to give you the successful remote access after the login page. Just in case, if you have entered your phone number, the remote access tool will call you and solicit the pass code each time you attempt to log into the QuickBooks Remote Access account. Therefore, click “Finish” to end the setup process.
We hope that you find this article helpful in accessing QuickBooks remotely. For more such information and guidance on any QuickBooks related issue, you can call our team of QuickBooks support experts anytime. Our 24×7 available toll-free number is +1-866-707-7925