- May 17, 2019
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: Enterprise Solutions
A Quick Guide to Install and Use QuickBooks Like a Pro
Let us tell you that you made a commendable decision by choosing QuickBooks as your bookkeeping and accounting software. It’s a robust software that performs a lot many complicated tasks for you and saves you both time and money. We are assuming that you have already purchased an appropriate version of QuickBooks that suits your requirements and your system is compatible with the software. Next, downloading and installing QuickBooks desktop is going to be quick and simple for you.
If you have any questions about the installation or other problem, feel free to consult with our QuickBooks support team. We will be please to help you.
Read also: How to fix QuickBooks error code 20?
Here is your step by step guide.
Installation Steps of QuickBooks Desktop
Download QuickBooks Desktop from Intuit’s website. The installation process shall itself start post download. In case that doesn’t happen, here is what you need to do.
- Double-click the installer file on the desktop (or wherever you have it stored).
- Choose “Yes to All” and click “Next“.
- Click agree at the “Software License Agreement” page and then select “Next.”
- Provide your “License and Product numbers” and select “Next.“
- Select one of the two types of installations-
- Express: this installation allows you to make the choices you prefer and install the software.
- Custom and Network: Go with this option if you plan to use multiple versions of QuickBooks Desktop or if you wish to use the accounting software to share data with other users on a particular network.
- If you select the second option from the two options mentioned above, then you also have to make choice from the following:
- I will be using QB on this computer.
- I will be using QuickBooks on this computer, and I’ll be storing our company file here so it can be shared over our network.
- I will not be using QB on this computer. I will be storing our company file on this computer so it can be shared over a network.
- Now, you either select a new install location or click “Next” to install to the default directory.
- Select “Install” (You’ll be forwarded to this step if you choose Express installation).
- Choose “Open QuickBooks“.
- “Activate QuickBooks” and you are good to go.
You can also check out the Video in order to Install the QuickBooks Desktop on your computer:
Use QuickBooks more effectively
QuickBooks is a magical software, provided you know how to use it. If you are new to this accounting tool, you can start with a spreadsheet to sort and organize various business elements. Once you start to understand QB, set your company preferences and opt for only those reports, tools and other essentials that you want to use.
Here are some more tips that can assist you in mastering QuickBooks and making the most of it.
Use QuickBooks Lists Feature
QuickBooks’ lists feature can be a great help for you to integrate information and reduce hectic data-entry responsibilities. Learn to use those lists creatively and you would also be able to customize reports and obtain details require for making management and pricing decisions.
Group Your Costs
Start to use Chart of Accounts to group costs and you will have instant access to information on costs that will help you make decisions for your organization.
Use Customer: Job list effectively
This feature enables you to track all financial dealings with a specific customer and lets you assign estimated costs, purchase orders, employee time, payrolls and more to each job.
Customize QuickBooks reports that meet your requirements
Different QB users require different QuickBooks reports, formats, and features. Once you get a hang of this innovative accounting software, you will be able to identify your requirements and customize reports to cater to your business requirements.
See also: Fix QuickBooks common enterprise errors
Create unique vendor names
QuickBooks lets you as a user and business owner, create unique vendor names. This feature allows you to extract vendor details immediately and auto-recall associated cost without changing the formal name of a vendor for payment.
Learn to monitor vital information
You can use QuickBooks to establish accounts and items that gather and report important information immediately.
Choose the navigation method that’s best for you
In QuickBooks, you can choose from the following navigation methods – Navigation windows, Pull-down menus, Icons, QuickBooks Centers, and Shortcut keys. Pick the navigation method that you find simple.
Use help features
QuickBooks is an easy to use software and consists of useful onscreen help features. You can press “F1″ key to get help with the Windows. You can also go to QuickBooks help index and find definitions, explanations with examples, and related topics. Another helpful feature in the activity windows is “How do I?” where you can find answers to your QuickBooks related queries.
We hope that you find this article helpful in installing and using QuickBooks accounting software. Just be a little patient with this innovative software, learn to use its features, and it will turn out to be immensely helpful.
You may also like: