- July 3, 2019
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: QuickBooks
Learn to Navigate QuickBooks Faster to Make More Profits
QuickBooks is an accounting and bookkeeping solution that is fast, safe and easy to use. You can take a brief training or teach yourself how to make the most of this innovative accounting software with time and practice. In this blog post, we are going to give you some basic but useful tips on navigating QuickBooks. Our navigation tips will enable to use most of the features of the QuickBooks software. Most importantly, they will assist you to speed up your work. We are also attempting to ensure that you don’t face any difficulty in understanding the procedures provided in this article.
Some of the useful QuickBooks features that this post inspires to teach you about are creating invoices and receipts, finding company settings and customer details, tracking expenses, etc. So, read on!
You might also like: How to Use QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic tool?
Easy Steps to navigate QuickBooks desktop
This blog post includes steps to teach you how you can navigate in QuickBooks. Just follow the steps provided and navigate the software like a pro.
1. Know the Dashboard
Right after you log in to QuickBooks with your credentials, you will see the dashboard. It shows a quick overview of your business. You can find it in the navigation bar in the first left. It’s simple to use as all you are required to do is to click on the dashboard and read about your business. The dashboard offers crucial information that a must to know for every user.
2. Make use of the Search Bar
Use the search tab (the magnifying glass on the top right) to find checks and invoices that you have created in the past. Type in unique credentials such as the check date, transaction number or amount to search them.
3. Learn about the Profit & Loss
You can also learn about profit and loss made by your business in the QuickBooks dashboard. Also, you can find bank account details, check balance, get the summary of sales, read customer’s overdue reports, and more.
4. Create your first Invoice
In order to add sales or invoices, you can follow the below steps:
- Click on the Invoices tab and then the blue New Invoice button.
- Type in the client details and Save them. The same customer details will show up in a drop-down menu. Later, when you will have to create invoices, the customer details will be auto-filled.
- Enter price, quantity and other product details. You will also have to select the tax percentage, required to be included or excluded.
- Select the Invoice option as per your convenience.
- You may also include special conditions like delivery payment in the Terms Box.
- Click on Save after the invoice is complete or save it in the draft if it’s incomplete.
5. Add with the Plus Menu
Use Plus sign to quickly add new items. This feature will enable you to create customers, add transactions, Vendors, Sales receipt or Invoices, etc.
6. Get familiar with the Left Navigation Bar
You will find many useful sections in the navigation bar. Here, you can view under invoicing reports of your customers as well as your business products, sales reports and other varied reports that you may like to review.
7. Learn uses of Gear Menu
The Gear Menu icon holds some seriously useful features. It offers information about your company profile and settings. At the top right corner, you can find the Gear icon is located at the top right. It’s used to manage, find details and make changes and corrections in the chart of account.
8. Read Reports
You can find the Reports towards the left side of the screen, below the invoices. You can open it from here and also access into the QuickBooks reports.
9. Use Advanced Accounting Tools
The Advanced Accounting Tools is used for budgeting, reconcile, Audit Log, importing data, and other crucial tasks.
Now, go ahead and test yourself and make more profits. See how much you have learned from this article.