- Last Updated on:   Jan 23rd, 2020
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: Enterprise Solutions
Have you lost some of your important data and are unable to recover it? Need not to worry, as QuickBooks auto data recovery is there to rescue you. QuickBooks users often look for the ways to recover the lost data with QuickBooks auto data recovery. In today’s article, we will be answering this query in detail, but before that, it is sensible enough to learn a little about QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery.
However, if you are seeking for expert assistance, you can feel free to dial our toll-free number .i.e. +1-866-707-7925, and our QuickBooks enterprise support team will provide you with finest possible service.
Insight into QuickBooks auto data recovery
Auto data recovery is one of the finest features in QuickBooks Desktop, designed in a way to recover the damaged or lost data in the easiest possible way. This feature was first available in the Pro/Premier, and later on it was added to the Enterprise in the year 2012. The auto data recovery tool allows the user to utilize features like Auto Replication and allow them to create a duplicate QuickBooks company file, QuickBooks transaction log file, etc.
QuickBooks auto data recovery tool has been a savior many a times in case of data loss or data corruption, as this tool assists the QuickBooks users to recover almost all data. The auto data recovery tool can be a quick way to recover the data, whereas the process to recover the lost data can be a time-consuming process otherwise. Before jumping on to the procedure to utilize this tool, let us first check out some important points to be kept in mind:
Consider these points, before you proceed to Auto Data Recovery
- The very first point to remember is that the ADR is only available in the QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Enterprise Solutions for Windows.
- Another point to be noted that the feature of QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery is not available in the Accountant editions.
- Also, the Auto Data Recovery file size limitation is 1.5 Gigabytes, which means that if the backup of the QuickBooks user is more than the given size, then auto data recovery will not be created.
- One last point that should be kept in mind during the process to recover the data is that the user should have the latest updated software, in order to maximize this feature.
Process to Recover the lost data with QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
Follow the steps in order to recover the deleted or lost data from your QuickBooks with the help of auto data recovery.
Method 1 – Utilizing the original .TlG file with .QBW.adr file
In order to get back the lost data with the help of QuickBooks Auto data recovery, the user can make use of the Original Transaction Log File along with the Auto Data Recovery version of the company file, to recover the recent transactions. The steps to be followed are listed below:
- The QuickBooks user is required to make a new folder on the Desktop, naming it as QB Test.
- After that, open the folder in which the company file has been saved.
- Once done with that, the user can copy the Corresponding .tlg file and later on paste the same to the QuickBooks Test Folder on the desktop.
Reflect File Extensions
- Now the user is required to press the Windows + E keys, in order to open the file explorer.
- The next step is to tap on the Organize and then select the Folder and search options.
- After that, the Windows 10, 8.1, & 8 users are required to select the View options and then select the Filename extension.
- Once done with that, the user is required to select the Hide Extensions option for the known file types.
- Then the user should select the Apply and Ok option respectively.
- The next step is to open the Auto data recovery folder.
- And then copy the .adr file and later on paste the same to the QB Test Folder. The folder will have a .QBW.adr & .tlg file on the same folder.
- Now, the user is required to visit the QBTest folder, followed by right-clicking the QBW.adr file and then end the step by pressing the Rename option.
- The next step is to delete the .adr from the end of the file name and jump on to the next step.
- Now the user is required to open the software once again and then open the company file and verify the transactions.
- Once done with that, run verify utility to ensure the integrity of the company file.
- In case there is no issue encountered with the company file, then the user can move the damaged company file to a different location.
- And then the final step is to transfer the copy from QBTest to the actual location and you are done with the process.
Read Also: Resolve Common QuickBooks Enterprise Errors
Method 2: Use the ‘.QBW.adr’ & ‘.TLG.adr’ files
- If this method, you need to use the ADR versions for both files ( .QBW &.TLG). Following steps will recover the last 12 hours of transactions.
- First of all you need to create a New folder name as QuickBooks on your computer.
- Now open the ‘QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery’ folder.
Note: Check the company file location on the Product Information screen
- Next, you need to copy the .TLG.adr & .QBW.add files and paste them to QBTest folder.
Show/Reflect the File Extensions
- Firstly you need to press the Windows+E keys to open the File Explorer
- After that press the Organize and select the folder & search options.
- For Windows 10,8.1 & 8 – Press View & select the File name extension
- Hide the extensions for the known file types and then choose Apply and then click on OK button.
- Now you remove the .adr file from the end of the file name to get a .qbw and .tlg files on the QBTest folder.
- After that you need to open the QuickBooks and then open the company file that is saved in the QBTest folder.
- Now you need to verify all the transactions are there.
- After that Run the verify utility to ensure the integrity of the company file.
- In case the company file is OK, then you can locate the damaged company file to some other location.
- Finally, you need to transfer the copy from QBTest to the original location.
Though the process is a little lengthy, but at the same time, it is much efficient and constructive, as it helps the users to get back the data. Carrying out any of the above methods can surely help the user in recovering the lost data with auto data recovery tool.
If you still feel the need to get in touch with some experts or QuickBooks technical support professionals, feel free to call us at our toll-free number i.e. +1-866-707-7925, and talk to our certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors.
Thanks for spending your valuable time in reading our article. We hope that this article might be worth your time.