- Last Updated on:   Jan 11th, 2020
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: Enterprise Solutions
Here is how you can use QuickBooks Install Connection Diagnostic Tool
You may face some unexpected and frustrating errors while installing QuickBooks on your desktop. However, the makers of QuickBooks have fortunately developed a tool called QuickBooks install diagnostic tool that can help you diagnose and fix a majority of the installation errors.
In this article, we are going to discuss in detail how this handy tool works. QuickBooks desktop also uses many core components of Microsoft and if any component goes missing or stops functioning appropriately, the Windows operating system may cause QB errors and glitches. A few of the issues triggered by missing or faulty Windows components are .NET Framework, C++ and MSXML which are fixable with QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic tool. if you need a free consultation for this tool, then you can contact our QuickBooks enterprise support team.
How QuickBooks Install Connection Diagnostic tool works?
QuickBooks Connection diagnostic tool is an innovative tool that can diagnose errors while installing QuickBooks Desktop. The tool also ensure that the QB installation process starts on time. The tool fixes multiple errors and issues, including the .NET Framework, MSXML & C++ errors, it fixes several other errors and issues.
A few other errors that the tool fixes are as follows:
- QuickBooks Error Code 1402
- QuickBooks Error Code 1603
- Error Code -6150
- Error Code 1904
- QuickBooks Error Code 1935
- QuickBooks Error -6000, -82
- Error -6000, -301
- Access denial to QuickBooks database
- Wrongly configured Windows firewall
- Empty customer lists
- Multiple entries in the Employee lists are missing
- Or Any kind of virus attack to the QuickBooks company files
The image of QB connection diagnostic tool is given below:
Finding and fixing issues is extremely simple with QuickBooks connection diagnostic Tool. You just have to start the diagnostic tool before you continue to fix the errors manually. The tool also significantly cuts off the time taken to fix issues.
Steps to download and Install QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
- You can download QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool from Intuit’s official site.
- Once the setup file appears, save that on your desktop.
- Let the download complete and ‘QBInstall_tool_v2.exe’ file will appear on your screen.
- Close all open and running app.
- Double-click on ‘QBInstall_tool_v2.exe file’ and click run when prompted.
- Restart your computer and you are good to go.
See also: How to fix QuickBooks error code 15xxx?
How to fix Installation Errors by using QB Install Diagnostic Tool?
QuickBooks Desktop connection diagnostic tool enables you to see and evaluate the following points:
Diagnose Connection Tab:
You can use this tab to check the status of your system. Moreover, this tab also assists you in setting up the ‘QuickBooks company data file.’
To check the Firewall Status:
This diagnostic tool provides significant information on the Firewall status. You can take a suitable action depending on the obtained details.
Test your Connectivity:
QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic tool can assist you in analyzing your system connectivity. Thus, the tool’s installation requires a smooth internet network setup.
Perform a Re-install in a Selective start-up mode:
Many a time, third-party apps like ‘antivirus and anti-spyware’ programs create issues with QuickBooks desktop installation. They may misunderstand QuickBooks as a malicious program or software. In order to avoid and fix such instances, it is imperative to perform the installation process in a selective mode. The selective mode starts the windows with a few items already running in your system.
Here are the steps that you can follow:
- Start your computer in ‘Selective start-up‘ mode.
- Press ‘Windows and R keys‘ together to open ‘RUN’ command.
- Type ‘msconfig‘ in the box on the bottom left and click ‘OK‘ button.
- In General Tab select ‘Hide all Microsoft Services.’
- Choose ‘disable all’ option.
- Uncheck ‘Hide Microsoft services’ checkbox.
- Check the ‘list of services.’
- Choose the ‘Windows Installer checkbox’ and press ‘OK‘.
- Open system configuration and select ‘Restart’ to restore the computer to its ‘Normal Configuration.’
- Press ‘Windows+R keys‘ together to open ‘RUN’ command.
- Type ‘msconfig’ in the box and press ‘OK‘ button
- Go to ‘General tab,’ and select ‘Normal Start-up‘.
- Hit ‘OK‘ button.
- Click Restart on the system configuration screen.
Steps to use QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
- First of all, the user needs to ‘double click‘ the ‘QuickBooks desktop icon‘.
- And then, ensure not to open the corrupted company file yet.
- After that, the user needs to select the ‘utilities‘ option and then navigate to the option for repair file and network problems.
- The user will then receive a pop-up on the screen that would ask permission to collect the private information regarding QuickBooks and data. Click ‘Yes‘ and ‘continue‘ options respectively.
- Now, move to the folder where you save your company files, and look for the faulty company file and open it.
- The next step is to select the option to show ‘advanced settings‘ and the user should progress to a drop down list of items.
- A list of fixes would be found to choose from. The user is supposed to select the one that suits the situation.
- The next step is to enter the ‘QuickBooks login ID and password‘.
- Following the steps correctly will open up the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool.
- Wait for the tool to fix the error and you are good to go.
Read also: How to solve QuickBooks error 6189?
We hope that you find this article helpful in making the most of QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool. This tool can assist you many of the common QuickBooks issues.
If you need any assistance in regards to this tool or you are not able to fix any QB related issue, you can contact us at our QuickBooks support number .i.e. 1-866-707-7925 for quick and precise solutions.