- June 11, 2019
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: Enterprise Solutions
Learn how to Install QuickBooks Enterprise in Your System
QuickBooks Enterprise is an advanced accounting software that assists millions of business owners and accountants manage their work efficiently with very less effort. If you are an existing QuickBooks user and upgrading to QuickBooks Enterprise, you already are aware of its usefulness. However, if you are new to this ace accounting software we want to ensure you that you have taken the right decision. This blog post, however, will not talk about the benefits or features of QB Enterprise rather we are going to tell how you can install it on your system.
To know about the features and benefits of QuickBooks Enterprise, you can follow our blog.
In regards to installing QuickBooks Enterprise, we want to notify you that the steps provided in this post shall only be operated by a skilled system administrator. Basic knowledge of how to install and install software is a must.
If you are new to QuickBooks or don’t know much about computers, we recommend you to hire a certified expert or talk to our QuickBooks enterprise support team to know more. That said, you can follow the below mentioned steps to install QuickBooks.
You may also like: Install Multiple QuickBooks Desktop Versions on One Computer
Get started – Install and Set up QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
Read on to know how you can install and set up QuickBooks Enterprise.
- Test your network for security
- Install QuickBooks Enterprise
- Now, set up multiple user hosting
- Configure Enterprise to your business
Step 1: Test Network for Security
To install QuickBooks Enterprise to your system, you are required to have basic knowledge of networking, file sharing, etc. Make sure you create a backup of your company file and other records from your last accounting tool before starting the installation process.
There are multiple options through which you can set up your network. We are describing three of the safest options here.
Central Server Option for Installation
Use this option to install for installing QuickBooks database manager, which also stores company files.
Peer to Peer Option for Installation
This option will install QuickBooks Enterprise on every workstation. In this installation option, one system stores the company file and others access the same on the network.
Remote Desktop Services Option for Installation
This option installs QB Enterprise on a central server. Unlike the other options, Remote Desktop Service doesn’t install QuickBooks on workstations. Rather, Remote Desktop Service accesses the application and the company file.
Read Also: How To Use QuickBooks Enterprise Features?
Step 2: Install QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
When installing QuickBooks Enterprise, you should ensure that the same version of Enterprise is installed on all computers. You can follow the below instructions to install enterprise software on server:
- Close all open and running (including anti-virus) program.
- Click on the QuickBooks Enterprise downloaded file.
- Follow the prompts o the screen until you see the “choose installation type” window.
- When you receive three options, choose any.
- Follow the instructions on the screen until installation is complete.
After the installation process is complete, you should configure the QuickBooks database server manager. You can then access the company file stored on the server.
You might also like: System Requirements for QuickBooks accounting software
Step 3: Set-up multiple user hosting
Just one system can host multi-user access in a multi-user hosting. You don’t have to enable multi-user hosting on the server if you already installed QuickBooks database server manager.
- Ensure that in Peer to Peer option – multi-user hosting should be “ON” in server and “OFF” on computer.
- In Remote desktop server, multi-user hosting should be “ON” in server and not applicable on the computer.
- In Central server, multi-user hosting should be “ON” in server and “OFF” on computer.
Verify if multi-user hosting is enabled on the server-
- Access QuickBooks desktop enterprise on the server.
- Click “File” and then “Utilitie“.
- Verify that “Stop Hosting Multi- Access” is displayed in the “Utilities“.
If it’s displayed, follow the below steps:
- Click “Host Multi-Access”.
- Hit “Yes” upon being asked to confirm starting multi-user access.
- If asked to close and reopen the company file, click “Yes“.
Step 4: Configure Enterprise to your business
QuickBooks setup is simple! You just have to follow the onscreen instructions and then click on Start working button.
Quick Start Center: Quick Start Center is used for creating invoices, checks and bills, sales receipts and more. It will also assist you to view customer and vendor account balance.
Review your Chart of Accounts: QuickBooks accounting software created a chart of accounts based as per your business at the time of the setup process. Now you can review it and check it. After that you can edit what you want with ease.
Payroll: If you subscribe for QuickBooks Payroll, you will have to add a year to date payroll details. If you don’t do that, your payroll tax information may be inaccurate.
Backup your company file: Backup company file is perhaps the best online service for QuickBooks users. A part of the active subscription, this service is very safe and easy to use.