- Last Updated on:   Jan 22nd, 2020
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: Enterprise Errors
Encountered QuickBooks error 12002, and don’t know what to do? Well, in the recent times many QuickBooks users have reported this issue and they find it quite troublesome. This type of error could be seen when the QuickBooks can’t utilize the internet relationship on the PC. The reason behind this error can be the applications present on the system. The applications present on the PC might interfere in between the download of the QuickBooks software. There can be other possibilities as well, which include general internet issues, and also when the web explorer is not selected as the default program or checkbox of SSL.
There can be other valid aspects to the QuickBooks update error 12002, to unleash those aspects one can go through the article till the end. Or another option for the same can be to reach out to some certified QuickBooks professional. You can simply dial our toll-free number .i.e. +1-866-707-7925, and ask our experts to resolve the error for you.
Read Also: How to fix QuickBooks unrecoverable error?
What triggers to QuickBooks error code 12002?
- The very first error cause can be the network timeout
- Also, in case the SSL settings are incorrect, then this type of error could be seen.
- Poor internet connection might also lead to QuickBooks Error code 12002
- If the firewall or internet security program interrupts the internet connection, this error might arise
- And the list goes on………….
Troubleshooting methods to fix QuickBooks error 12002
Well, if you want to fix the QuickBooks error code 12002, then you might implement more than one option. The error 12002 can be fixed by following any of the methods listed below. Let us have a look at the methods one by one:
Method 1: Verify the Internet Explorer settings
- To begin with, close the QuickBooks accounting software and then open the Internet Explorer.
- Once done with that, the user is required to hit the tools option and then opt for the Internet option respectively.
- The next step in the process is to opt for the security tab and then make sure that the security setting for the zone is no higher than Medium high, followed by hit the Globe icon.
- Moving ahead, the user is supposed to opt for the Content tab and then make sure that the tab for content advisor is switched to enable.
- In case the button is switched to disable, then the user is required to click the button and then type the password and also disable the content advisor.
- The next step is to click on the Connections tab.
- Opt for the Never dial a connection, in case you don’t use the dial-up node on the system.
- Also, ensure that the ideal ISP is selected. Along with that, hit Ok, if you use dial-up node.
- Moving ahead, at the bottom of the tab, the user is required to click on the LAN SETTINGS button. The user also needs to make sure that the checkbox for automatically detect settings is checked.
- And then, the user has to verify the use a proxy server option is checked.
- Also, document the complete address and port, at the time when use a proxy server is check marked.
- Now, the user should use a proxy, if the port is port 80, then the user can uncheck the same option for testing purposes, in case the port is other then the mentioned one, the DO NOT UNCHECK.
- Now, hit on Ok button on the LAN Settings.
- The next step in the process is to opt for the Advanced tab.
- The user is required to click on the Restore Advanced settings option.
- And then, scroll to the Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1, and Use TLS 1.2 options.
- Once done with that, the user is required to check mark the Use TLS 1.0 under the settings option.
- Moving ahead, ensure that the Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 aren’t checked.
- Now, in order to close the Internet Options window, hit Ok.
- And also, close the Internet Explorer and also reboot the system.
- And the final step is to open QuickBooks and try to update the same once again.
Method 2: Authenticate the internet connection
- The very first step in this process is to open QuickBooks.
- And then, opt for the Help option, followed by clicking on the Internet Connection Setup.
- Moving ahead, the user is required to check whether the internet is connected to the system’s internet connection or not.
- After that opt for the next option along with done.
- The last step in the process is to authenticate the error 12002 QuickBooks is settled or not.
Method 3: Updating QuickBooks
- The basic step in this method is to visit the Help option and then tap on the internet connection setup option.
- Once done with that, the user is required to select the Use my computer’s internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the internet.
- The next step is to click on the Next option.
- Followed by updating QuickBooks again.
Method 4: Check security settings
In case none of the solutions above helped you to rectify the error, then you need to check if any other application is preventing the download. The user can simply configure the internet security, personal firewall, and also the parental control application for QuickBooks desktop updates, tax table updates, and windows firewall. Performing security settings check might help the user to resolve this error.
Method 5: Reset Update settings
- The first step in this method is to opt for the Update now tab.
- After that, select the Reset Update Checkbox, followed by get updates option.
- In case the update isn’t successful, then carry out the steps below:
- Firstly, choose the restore advanced settings option.
- And then look for the Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1, and Use TLS 1.2.
- Finally, validate the Use TLS 1.0 is checked or not and also the others remained unchecked.
Tackling the QuickBooks error code 12002 can be a daunting task for many QB users. This error could put the entire processing of QuickBooks to halt, which makes it important to rectify this error as soon as possible. In this blog post, we have tried to mention all possible solutions to fix the QuickBooks error 12002 issue. In case the user is unable to fix the issue even after tackling the issue even after following all the methods listed above, then getting in touch with an expert might work as a savior.
You can also make a call at our toll-free number .i.e. +1-866-707-7925, and speak to our QuickBooks enterprise support team. Our team of QuickBooks experts and certified professionals will ensure to resolve your issues in no time. Thus, feel free to call us whenever required. We would be happy to help you!