- Last Updated on:   Jan 10th, 2020
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: Enterprise Errors
In this post, we are going to let you know about the manual process to resolve the QuickBooks Error code 15215. This error code means that the server isn’t responding. It implies that the user is not able to verify the digital signature. Due to this error code, the further download or update of payroll would be restricted. If you want to troubleshoot this error, you need to proceed with the normal workflow.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 15215?
QuickBooks Error 15215 is a common update error which occurs when there is any payroll update going on. Also this error occurs during the maintenance release. Due to this error the QuickBooks database server might not respond properly and can cause limitation of access in the system.
You may see the following error message on your computer screen when this error encounters:
Error 15215: Unable to verify digital signature.
What may cause the error 15215 in QuickBooks?
Here are some of the situation under which Error code 15215 appears: –
- Internet Explorer configuration problem.
- Issues associated with Internet connectivity.
- Fails to verify the digital signature.
- System security program such as anti-virus, anti-malware, anti-spyware, or other software are misconfigured.
- If there is any problem with the applications that are running in the system background.
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Update Error 15215?
Here are some of the instance of corruption along with its solution. In case, you need instant professional assistance – you can get in touch with our QuickBooks Enterprise customer support team by dialing toll-free +1(866)707-7925. The support line is available 24/7.
Solution 1: Fix desktop application conflicts
- Close the QuickBooks program.
- Perform right-click on the QuickBooks “Startup” icon. Later, choose the “Run as Administrator” icon.
- In the confirmation pop-up, it onto the “Yes” icon.
- Ensure that the problem resolved.
Solution 2: Resolve the Anti-spyware Blocks Running Application
- Change or alter the anti-virus program settings to exempt exe files & qbupdate.exe & domains: QuickBooks.com, Intuit.com, and Payroll.com.
- After the exemption, the anti-malware program will not restrict the QB updates or payroll downloads.
Read also: How to access QuickBooks desktop remotely?
Solution 3: Solve Digital Signature Verification Issues
- Shut-down & restart the QuickBooks.
- In the “Windows Search” option, locate the “QBW32.exe” file.
- Perform right-click on the file and “Properties” tab.
- Go to the “Digital Signature” tab, choose the “Intuit Inc.”.
- Hit the “Details” icon & then, tap on the “View Certificate in the Digital Signature” screen.
- Hit onto the “Install in the Certificate” screen.
- Click on the “Next” icon then, “Finish” tab.
- Restart the computer and then, open the QuickBooks program again.
Solution 4: Troubleshoot Internet Explorer Configuration Issue
- Shutdown the QuickBooks program.
- Open & access the IE browser.
- Click on the “Tools” icon =>“Internet Options” tab =>“Advanced Settings” tab.
- Search and check the Use TLS 1.0 and uncheck the boxes Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2.
- Click on the “OK” icon and restart the QuickBooks application.
- Launch the QuickBooks and verify the errors again.
Solution 5: Restart Windows in “Selective Startup”
In case none of the above stated methods work in your favor, then the user needs to check the system for running applications or programs that might be in conflict with downloading the payroll update. The user needs to carry out the following steps:
- First step is to “close QuickBooks”desktop.
- And then, select “run”. The user can also see the list below for the version of Windows:
- Windows XP: Choose Start> Run.
- Windows 7 and Vista: Choose Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run
- On Windows 8 and 10: Press Windows and R keys.
- The next step is to click on “OK” to save changes.
- And then, “reboot” the system as prompted.
- Now, the user needs to “reopen QuickBooks” and download the latest tax table.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to follow the steps 1 to 4 to go back to the system configuration utility.
- And then, select the “normal startup checkbox“, followed by clicking on “OK“ button.
- The last and final step is to “reboot” the system.
Read also: How to resolve QuickBooks activation errors?
Get instant help from experts
We believe that the above-shown solution would be great for you to understand and resolve error code 15215 in QuickBooks.
Other helpful topics