QuickBooks is the best accounting and bookkeeping software presented by Intuit. The features of this software consist of accounting, bank account tracking, invoicing and reconciliations, budgeting, expense management, budgeting, payroll, inventory, tax filing, payment processing and accounts payable/receivable.
If your QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service (FCS) is disabled then you may face QuickBooks error 15241. Today, in this post we are going to discuss about this error in details. Know the possible causes as well as fixation steps to overcome from this error. However, you can choose our QuickBooks support services in order to deal with the QB related problems. Our certified and proficient experts are always ready there to assist you.
When this error occurs you receive the following message:
Error 15241: The payroll update did not complete successfully.
QuickBooks is used for small and medium-sized businesses and you can track all your financial data and create reports on the growth and decision making. QuickBooks users face some problems and these errors can be resolved with minimum attention.
Symptoms of Error Code 15241 in QuickBooks
Follow the list of symptoms for Error Code 15241 in QuickBooks. Check out the list of the symptoms below-
- Error 15241 is displayed and crashes the program window.
- Windows is running slowly and input of keyboard and mouse are delayed.
- Computer freezes for a couple of seconds at a time.
- Lagging in the system while installation of the Windows.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 15241
Follow the steps mentioned below to know the causes of error code 15241 in QuickBooks-
- Failed or incorrect installation.
- Malfunction is in your system.
- Inappropriate un-installation of QuickBooks software.
- Invalid entries in registry of Windows.
- Attack of Malware or virus attack.
- Improper shutdown due to power failure or another factor.
- Deletion of necessary registry entry or system file.
A Solution of error code 15241 in QuickBooks
Disabled QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Services (FCS) may be causing the error when trying to update the software. FCS is there on your computer to manage your file transfer process during a product update. Now, just implement the steps mentioned below to solve the error:
- Firstly close your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on Windows Start tab.
- Do right-click on Computer and find Manage tab.
- For Windows 10: Click on the Search tab onto the task-bar and then find Computer tab.
- Now click on Services and Applications, on the left side.
- In the right side, hit double click on Services option.
- After that double click on Intuit QuickBooks FCS.
- On the General tab, you need to hit a click on the Startup type drop-down arrow.
- Now choose Manual option at there.
- Hit a click on Apply.
- Now hit a click on Start and then click on OK key.
- Open QuickBooks desktop.
- Download the QuickBooks Desktop product updates.
- And lastly, update the latest payroll tax tables.
For Windows XP Users
If you are a Windows XP user then perform these actions:
- Firstly Shut your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Hit a right click on My computer and then choose Manage option. (The Computer Management screen open)
- After that hit a click on Services and Applications,
- Then Click on Services
- Click on Applications and then click on Services.
- Scroll down your mouse and hit a double click on Intuit QuickBooks FCS service. (The Intuit QuickBooks FCS Properties window opens)
- Now click to the Startup type drop-down arrow and select Manual, On the General tab.
- Hit a click on OK button.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- At last you need to download the QuickBooks Desktop product updates and then Update latest payroll tax tables.
Hopefully, the steps mentioned above really did help you a lot. And in case you have doubts related to QuickBooks error or unable to fix any error then feel free to seek help from our QuickBooks enterprise customer support team by calling them on our toll-free number at +1-866-707-7925.