In a business enterprise, one of the most important factors to have proper accounts of is nothing other than the payroll records. This is why the Payroll record feature of QuickBooks Desktop is used quite rigorously by organizations. Although, every once in a while, you might have to face the QuickBooks Error 30159. This is an error message which shows up when the user is trying to upgrade the payroll. This is quite a common error and so there is a high chance that you might get across this one every now and then.
So, today in this article we are going to talk about what QuickBooks Error 30159 actual is, why does it occur and also, we will discuss a variety of solutions using which you will be able to fix these error pop-ups.
What is QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Error 30159?
If there is an improper file setup in the operating system of the computer which is being used to upgrade the payroll, then it will trigger QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159. It is an error message which appears on the screen when you are running windows compatible programs.
What is the Causes of QuickBooks Error 30159?
There is no single cause which results in triggers QB Payroll Error 30159. There are a bunch of them. So, the following are some of the most common and major causes of QuickBooks error 30159:
- QB Payroll is not updated
- There is an installation error of QuickBooks
- Inactivity of EIN status
- QuickBooks Company file on the computer may be damaged or corrupted
- The registration files on windows may be corrupted
- Window files are facing misconfiguration issues
- Some hardware component has been removed in an improper manner
- The damaged file system is conveying misleading and improper information
- The system is being affected due to a virus or malware attack
- Windows version is too old.
How QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159 affects your system?
There are three known aspects by which you can point out that the system has been suffering from QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159. So, following are the three factors which if you are experiencing on your system, can definitely say that it has been dealing from QB error 30159:
- The system runs very slowly and the performance takes a lot of hits
- Once the error pops up, all the running programs start to crash immediately
- The QuickBooks Desktop is facing constant error messages and crashing while running the programs.
5 Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 30159 Swiftly
As we mentioned earlier, there are a number of methods using which you can solve the QuickBooks Error 30159. So, here is the step by step solutions that you can use to optimize the performance by fixing the Payroll error of QuickBooks:
Solution #1: Updating your System
Your computer might have been running on a pretty older version. This can be the cause of Payroll error popping up. So, you can fix this by manually updating the system. Here’s how:
- Log in to your system as an “Administrator“
- Click the “Start” button and then “All Programs“
- Click on “Accessories” and then on the screen, click on “System Tools“
- On the new window, click on “System restore“
- Look for the option of “Restore my computer to an earlier time” and click on “Next“
- Keep clicking on “Next” buttons until the confirmation window appears
- Once the process incomplete, restart the computer and that is it.
Solution #2: Performing Disk Clean-up
QuickBooks payroll error 30159 can also be resolved by simply cleaning up the disk on your system
Solution #3: QuickBooks Error Scanning
- Firstly, Download “QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159 utility“
- Install the program on the computer
- Open the “Program” and click on the “Scan” option. The program will start to scan the error
- Once the scan is completed, select the Fix QB Errors option
- Restart the computer.
Solution #4: By Using System Restore in Windows
- Open the search box and search for “System Restore“
- Choose “System restore” and enter “Administrative passwords“
- Follow the steps that are explained in the wizard properly
- Restore the system completely.
Solution #5: Adding up EIN to the company file
- Firstly, log in to QuickBooks and Select the “Payroll” option
- Click on “Use my existing Payrolls Service”
- On the “Account Maintenance” window, click on Add file and mark the radio-like button which is present against Add EIN Number
- Check for the “Radio button” being disabled for correct subscription to EIN Number
- Click on “Next” and review all the information provided in the wizard
- Return to QuickBooks Desktop.
So, these are all the methods that you can use to fix the QuickBooks Error 30159. Although, if you are still facing the same issues again and again even after trying all the methods mentioned above, you can contact our QuickBooks Support Team at +1-866-707-7925. We boast certified and experienced QuickBooks experts and offer swift solutions to all QB related issues.
You might also like