- June 3, 2019
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: Enterprise Errors
Use These Useful and Fool proof Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error 3140
QuickBooks is an innovative, fast and easy to use bookkeeping and accounting software. It’s primarily built for small and mid-sized businesses to help them manage their business and meet their goals. Also, while there are seemingly infinite benefits of using this software, it isn’t really uncommon for you to encounter some issues and glitches while using it. One of the common QuickBooks errors, the one we are going to discuss in this blog post, is QuickBooks Error 3140. A common QuickBooks error, error 3140 oftentimes arises when we try to sync data or if the software goes corrupt with its downloading process.
You may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
What Causes QuickBooks Error 3140?
- The QuickBooks error 3140 occurs when the program installation is incomplete or the download is corrupted.
- Another reason is recent changes in QuickBooks software that corrupt the windows registry.
- Due to Malware infection or virus infected computer system which damages the important files of windows and QuickBooks.
- Other, new or old program that has removed QuickBooks related files by mistake.
QuickBooks Error 3140 – Effects
You may face multiple problems when such type of error occurs.
- The active program processing on the windows crashes.
- The desktop or laptop on which the software is being utilized crashes with QuickBooks error message 3140.
- Windows and hardware devices like the mouse and keyboard also respond slowly. There is lag time between the input and the output.
- Periodic screen freeze for few minutes or seconds at regular intervals.
- Sometimes, there is continuous starting up and shutting down of windows.
When is the problem faced?
It is important to know why the problem exists and what the effective ways are to resolve the issue.
You can face this issue when starting up or shutting down your PC. You may also encounter the problem when conducting the windows operating system
It is recommended to make a note of how and when this error is appearing to help you in troubleshooting this problem.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 3140?
The troubleshooting process of resolving error 3140 is time-consuming. Following the below-mentioned steps will help you resolve the error and related issues.
Step 1: Repair Registry Entries Associated with Error 3140
Find all the Registry entries related to QuickBooks error code 3140 and repair them. Take help from a your IT professional or our QuickBooks enterprise support team if you are not comfortable performing this step on your own.
Step 2: Conduct a Malware Scan of Your PC
Malware attack is one of the most common reasons for QuickBooks error code 3140 occurs. It is important to check whether the system is infected with Malware or virus by performing an in-depth scan through Anti-virus software.
Step 3: Perform a System Clean-up Check
Use Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr) to remove all the unwanted junk files from the temporary files and folders and clean up your computer.
Step 4: Update Your System Drivers
Update your computer system’s drivers to the most recent version.
Step 5: Restore the Previous Setting
Utilize Windows System Restore to “Undo” Recent System Changes by setting set the windows system to a specific restore point so that you can undo any changes that take place.
Step 6: Uninstall and Reinstall the QuickBooks Program
Ensure all the applications and files related to QuickBooks software are working in pristine condition by uninstalling and reinstalling them again. The process to uninstall and reinstall is called a clean install of QuickBooks desktop.
Step 7: Run Windows System File Checker (“sfc /scannow”)
Run the process of File Checker on the Windows system – “sfc /scannow“
Step 8: Install Windows Updates
Keep the Windows Operating System updated to the latest version and with security patches.
Step 9: Perform a Clean Installation of Windows
Perform a complete and clean installation of the Windows Operating System.
The above-mentioned method should help you to resolve the issue without any hassle. Recheck your computer. The error shouldn’t appear again, but if it does, you can contact our QuickBooks Enterprise Support team at +1-866-707-7925 and speak to certified technicians.
You may also see: