- Last Updated on:   Jan 16th, 2020
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: Enterprise Errors
All that you need to know about the QuickBooks error 6000 82
QuickBooks is an avant-garde software that changed the way accounting is done. This application is now used by not only big companies but also medium and small businesses.
Even though QuickBooks has brought positive changes in the operation of different companies, at times, it runs down to issues as after all it is a software. Often users face various errors many of which can be easily fixed while for few others expert’s help is required.
What is QuickBooks Error Code -6000, -82?
The QuickBooks Error 6000 82 is a very common issue faced by the users. Generally this error happens when the users try to open the company file or when the QuickBooks individuals make an attempt to access the company file data stats that the application cannot reach as they are located in additional computer. It mostly happens when there are multiple clients.
You may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
In this blog post, today we are going to discuss about QuickBooks Error -6000, -82 and why this error occurs. You can fix this error with the help of our QuickBooks enterprise support experts or go through below given manual solution methods.
You may also like: How to disable Merchant Services in QuickBooks MAC?
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6000 82
Below are the reasons why this Error 6000 82 occurs in QuickBooks.
- Damage in the data source name
- Damage in QuickBooks Transaction Log file
- The Network Descriptor file is damaged
- Issue in Data Source Name
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000 82?
The users should ensure that QuickBooks is updated to the latest release prior to troubleshooting. If immediate help is required then they can get in touch with experts through the QuickBooks support number i.e. +1-866-707-7925.
Method 1: Remove the spaces before the company file extension as well as after the company name
- First thing to do is get logged out from the QuickBooks Desktop on all the computers.
- After this the folder where the company file is stored needs to be opened.
- Now right click on the company file and select ‘Rename‘.
- You have to Click on the name of the file, and find and remove if there are any spaces between the file extension and the company name.
- Attempt to open or ‘Create a company file’.
If you still face the issue then try the step 2
Method 2: Turn off hosting with each computer where QuickBooks is installed
Step 1: Access by Single-User
- Turning off Hosting mode disables multi-user access.
- First you have to Go to ‘File‘, then ‘Utilities‘, then ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access‘.
- After you get the message, ‘Stop hosting multi-user access’, click on the ‘Yes‘ tab.
- Click on Yes after you get the message ‘Company file must be closed’.
Step 2: Access by Multi-User
This error majorly happens more than one client computer are set-up incorrectly to host the multi-user access.
- On every client computer the error is displayed:
- Select file then Choose ‘Utilities‘ in the ‘No Company Open‘ window,
- After this you have to confirm that in the menu option ‘Host Multi-user Access‘ is show. In multiple client computers might display ‘Stop Hosting Multi-user Access’ which indicates that they are already hosting the multi-user access.
- On any client computer which is show ‘Stop Hosting Multi-user Access‘ select it and then follow the steps it prompts till you turning off the hosting.
- After this open the problem file again and now log-in window will be displayed.
And if the problem persists try out the next step.
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error code 1321?
Method 3: For Multi-user Access switch to Hosting Local and Remote files mode
Follow the below mentioned process if the previous steps don’t support to resolve the error.
- When QuickBooks is opened click on ‘F2 key‘ in order to open the Product Information page.
- At the bottom of the window verify the ‘Local Server Information‘ if Hosting is set to local files only.
- Now you have to Select the ‘File Menu‘ and then select the ‘Switch to Multi-user Mode‘.
- After this you have to open the company file on the network computer. If you require more help then check out the QuickBooks in-product or set up multi-user or network for QuickBooks Desktop resource page.
- After the company file is open click on the ‘F2 key‘ so as to open the ‘Product Information‘ window.
- Now you have to verify the ‘Local Server Information‘ which is at the bottom of the window, Hosting is set to local files only.
If the issue still appears, please proceed to step 4.
Method 4: Restart the client computer
Restarting the system is one of solving the problem however it will bring the device right from the scratch and will delete the current state of the software. If this doesn’t work then try out the next step.
Method 5: Accompany standard data troubleshooting
There can be a possibility that the company file has data damage. To resolve that, check the Resolve data damage issue that is, basic troubleshooting.
Still need help?
By following the above mentioned steps you can fix QuickBooks error 6000 82. However, for further help you can connect with our QuickBooks enterprise support available 24/7. You can get quick solution to all issues provided by well-trained experts.
You can just ring up to our QuickBooks support toll-free number i.e. +1-866-707-7925. Our team of experts will be there to assist you in a single call.