- Last Updated on:   Feb 6th, 2020
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: Enterprise Solutions
The esteemed software used by many businesses for their everyday accounting and management requirements. The software is quite famous among the users but it does face many errors in the form of error codes which hampers the work of the users and there is a need to fix these errors.
QuickBooks Error 6000 832 is an error code from the –6000 series and arises mainly due to the damaged company file QuickBooks Error -6000, -832 means that a hosting file with .nd file is there, so when the user tries to host to company file on other system, then one faces this error. Since your company file contains important information, and the error will not allow you to open the file and there is a risk to lose all the data as well.
Read Also: Fixation steps for QuickBooks Error 1935
You may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
Possible causes of error -6000 -832
- When QuickBooks user tries to convert company file to the latest version.
- QuickBooks installation files are missing.
- Permissions for the network server are not sufficient.
- QuickBooks files are being blocked by the firewall.
- The shared folder or company file is damaged.
- The company file is being hosted by more than one workstation.
- Non-US or non-Canadian version of Windows is being used.
- May be the file extension is .qbm or .qbw.adr.
Read Also: How to Fix the QuickBooks Error 6190, -816?
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000 832
Checkout the following Steps to resolve the error code 6000 832 in QuickBooks desktop:
When a QuickBooks user tries to open the file in the network setting the QuickBooks Error 6000 832 occurs. This means that the QuickBooks company file is not present in the user’s system and is available on some other server or computer.
A variety of solutions are available to fix 6000 832 error. Ensure that when you take steps to resolve the error, the QuickBooks desktop is updated and you have installed the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
Here are the steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 832
Method 1: Ensure Hosting mode of all workstations if off
The accounting software, QuickBooks recommends that only one system should host the QB company files, and hosting should be turned off for other systems. Press F2 key in order to open the window which has the information about the product. Check the local server information and make sure that hosting is turned off for all workstations. Once you have applied this solution, check if QuickBooks error -6000, -832 error is still there.
Method 2: Rename Files and restart QuickBooks database server manager and then, rescan
It is known to every QuickBooks user that QuickBooks uses .ND and .TLG configuration files in a network so as to access the company file. If the .ND or .TLG file is damaged or corrupted, then this can cause QuickBooks Error -6000, -832.
However, if you rename these files, then the data is not lost. When the user rescans using the QuickBooks Database Server Manager, and opens QB company file, then .ND and .TLG configuration files are automatically created.
Follow the steps below:
- Open the folder where QB company files is stored.
- Find files having same name as that of your company file, but have .ND and .TLG as files extensions.
- Right click on the .ND file, and select ‘rename’ from the list.
- Type ‘OLD’ at the end of company file name and press ‘Enter‘ key. Now, your new company file will be ‘qbw.nd.OLD‘.
- Right click on .TLG file and rename it by typing ‘OLD‘ at the end. Press ‘Enter‘ key.
Aim of QuickBooks Database Server Manager (QBDBSM) is to host the QB company files. Once have renamed the files, then restart the Database Server Manager and rescan the QuickBooks files.
- Firstly hit on ‘Start‘ and Go to ‘All Programs‘.
- Find QuickBooks and open ‘QBDBSM‘.
- Select ‘Scan Folders’.
- When no folder is present, then ‘Add folder‘, else choose the folder that has files.
- Press ‘Scan‘ and confirm that QB company file appears in the bottom box which means files have been located.
- Open the file and then open QuickBooks and sign in to company file.
If QuickBooks error 6000 832 still occurs, then take the next step.
Method 3: Open sample company files
Open the sample company files that have been installed on your PC. If the files do not open and error appears, then this means that QuickBooks installation is damaged and needs to be repaired.
Follow the steps below:
- Go to ‘No Company Open window‘ and ‘Open sample file‘.
- Choose the file from the list of files that appears.
- When the file opens, go to next solutions. If error appears, then ‘repair QuickBooks installation‘.
Method 4: Open QuickBooks Company File Locally
Open the company file locally and find if there is any issue with the location of company file. When saved on desktop and the file opens, then location of file may have been damaged or has exceeded the file system path limits. Change the location and try to open it. If it does not open, then the file is damaged.
Follow the steps below:
- Go to ‘folder where company file is stored‘
- Find the file with ‘.QBW extension‘
- Right click on ‘file‘
- Click on ‘Copy‘ and ‘Paste‘ it on Desktop
- Press ‘Ctrl key‘ and open QuickBooks desktop
- No Company open window will appear on screen.
- Select ‘Open or restore‘ the existing company.
- Now, browse and find the copied company file to open it.
Method 5: End QuickBooks Processes
- Log on to ‘Server Computer‘ as an Admin
- Press ‘Ctrl, Shift and Esc keys‘ simultaneously
- After this, task manager window will appear
- Close ‘Users Tab‘ and all users’ processes will display
- Find QuickBooks processes- QBW32.EXE, qbupdate.exe, and QBDBMgr.exe.
- Highlight the processes above and click on ‘End Task‘ option.
- Open QB Company file in multi-user mode.
After these steps, if error is still there, then go to next solution.
Method 6: Check the permissions of folders
To share company files, a user should have appropriate folder permissions. If you find that there are no permissions, then you can manually adjust the permissions. Once done, open the file and proceed to the next solution, only if the error still persists.
Method 7: Configure Anti-virus and Firewall
Usually the anti-virus and firewall deny access to specific QuickBooks files. If the same case is with your files as well, then you will have to find ports of firewall and create an exception for antivirus program. Once you have made these changes, check if the error still persists.
Method 8: Copy QB file on desktop
- The very first step in this method is to ‘open folder‘ where the company file is stored.
- And then, look for file with ‘.QBW‘
- After that, the user needs to ‘copy‘ the file and ‘paste‘ it on the desktop.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to press and hold ‘Ctrl key‘ and open the ‘QuickBooks software‘. Also, ‘No company open window‘ will open up after this.
- And then, select ‘open or restore an existing company‘.
- End the process by opening up the copied file on the desktop.
All the above solutions will resolve the error QuickBooks Error 6000 832. You can contact the QuickBooks enterprise support number i.e. +1-866-707-7925 in case of any further problem. Our team works tirelessly to provide you the best experience.