Simple Troubleshooting Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000
Intuit’s QuickBooks is an innovative accounting software that is immensely popular among small and mid-sized business owners. And there are reasons for that. A robust software, QuickBooks keeps track of the expenses, creates invoices, safeguards crucial details, and prepares taxes with no errors (almost) and thus saves a lot of time and money for its users. It does, occasionally, receives some errors which can be fixed following the prompts offered by the software itself, with help of blog posts like this (the one you reading), and by calling a QuickBooks support or certified expert.
One of the common errors is QuickBooks Error Code 6000. If you receive this error, your desktop will show you a message that will have an error code like error 6000, -107, error 6010,-100, error 6210, 0, error 6190, -82, error 6190,-85, error 6000,-305, etc. These errors are more often than not related to incorrect or incomplete installation of QuickBooks.
When does QuickBooks error 6000 appear?
Mostly, you receive this error when you try to open a company file. This error pops up on your computer screen and restricts you from opening the file. Generally, this error is followed by two, three or more digits. It looks something like QuickBooks Error 6000, xxxx.
Possible Causes for QuickBooks Error 6000
There might be one or more of the following reasons to cause you-6000 series error.
- Your QuickBooks file is corrupt.
- Corrupt .TLG file.
- The network connection isn’t configured properly.
- Two or more users are logged in for the same file.
- The server isn’t allowed to access to access the company file(s).
- User doesn’t have permission to access the file.
- You are trying to restore a previous backup of your file.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000?
Before you try to manually fix error 6000 series, it’s recommended that you check if your QuickBooks is updated. If it’s updated, you can download and install and the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
Note: You can download the file doctor tool by clicking here.
If the issue persists, try the following troubleshooting steps.
Solution 1: Move the company file to a different location
There may be an issue with the current location of the company file. You can try moving it to another place like the desktop to open it.
- Go to the folder where your company file is stored.
- Find the file with “.QBW” extension and copy that (CTRL+C).
- Go to the desktop and “Paste” the file there (Ctrl+V).
- Press the “Control Icon” (CTRL) on the keyboard and while holding that down open QuickBooks.
- You will be directed to No Company File Window.
- Select “Open or restore an existing company.” Go back to the desktop and open the file you had pasted there.
Solution 2: Restore a backup
Many of the QuickBooks file errors, including error 6000 can be fixed by simply restoring a backup copy of your company file. That done, the file may work as new. In case you don’t know how to restore a backup, here is how you can do that.
- Open the folder that has your company file and then click “Open the File“.
- Go to the “File menu” and select “Utilities“.
- If the “Stop Hosting Multi-user access” is on the list, select that and click “Yes” on next two windows that pop up.
- Ensure that the name of your company file doesn’t consist of more than 210 characters long.
- Try to “Restore the company file” again.
- If the issue persists, your file is corrupt and you can try the next step.
Solution 3: Rename the .ND and .TLG files
- Open the folder where your company file is saved.
- Find the “Company file” that you have to fix.
- Note the name of the company file and search the files with the “.ND and the .TLG extensions” of the same name.
- Right-click on the file and change their “Extensions“.
- The file extensions must have “.OLD” after their names.
- Try to reopen the file and log in.
Solution 4: Configure your firewall and your Anti-virus software
- Go to “QuickBooks Database server manager“.
- Locate port “Monitor tab” and search the “QuickBooks version“.
- Copy or note down the “Firewall port number“.
- Open your “Windows Firewall” and go to “Advanced Settings“.
- Right-click on the “in-bounds option” and select “New Rule“.
- Click on “Port” and then Click on “Next“.
You shall be able to fix the QuickBooks Error 6000 by following the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps. This issue is related to QuickBooks company files and requires immediate attention. In case the problem persists, you can call our +1-866-707-7925 for 24×7 quick and precise QuickBooks enterprise solutions support services.
You may also like: