- Last Updated on:   Jan 23rd, 2020
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: Enterprise Solutions
QuickBooks is amazing accounting software, preferred by people all across the globe. This software has completely transformed the working of the accounting industry. It has become an indispensable part for the accounting industry. But another important fact is that, just like other software QuickBooks also encounter some glitches. In the recent times, many users have confronted quite a few mistakes during the functioning on QuickBooks. The QB users might get stuck and might not able to access the company file, ending up in the error code 6150, -1006.
In this article, we will be talking about the quick fixes to the QuickBooks error 6150, -1006. Thus, continue reading the article till the end and explore further.
Another solution for the same can be to get in touch with our QuickBooks support team via our toll-free number i.e. +1-866-707-7925 Our team of experts and certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors will ensure to provide the QuickBooks users with the best possible services to fix any kind of QB associated issues.
Insight into QuickBooks error 6150, -1006
While creating, working, or opening the company file in QuickBooks, the user might encounter QuickBooks error 6150, -1006. After encountering the error, the user might encounter frequent crashes of windows and the QuickBooks accounting software.
This error message could be seen with a pop-up stating:
“We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open the company file. We’ll try to fix the problem. Click start to begin. If the problem continues, contact support for assistance and report error codes: (-615, -1006)”.
Once the user clicks on the Start option, the application crashes once again that too with the same error message. Below we have provided few steps to fix the error.
What causes QuickBooks error 6150, -1006?
This type of error might occur due to various reasons. A few of the common causes are listed below:
- The user could encounter this type of problem, when the company file gets infected with the virus.
- Also, in case the user is trying to open a portable file (.qbm) without opening the QuickBooks accounting software.
- Another reason can be when the user changes or mistakenly types extension for QuickBooks file.
- If the user is trying to save the QuickBooks Macintosh file while using the QuickBooks for windows, then the user might encounter this type of error.
- Damaged or corrupted installation of QuickBooks might end up in this type of error.
Signs and symptoms of QuickBooks error 6150
Identifying QuickBooks error 6150, -1006 is not that difficult. The error code generally appears during the installation period, or while running the installation program while restarting or shutting down the windows. We have jotted down a few of the signs that might help the QB users to identify the error 6150 -1006.
- The very first symptom can be when the system slows downs or do not respond to the keyboard inputs.
- Another sign when the system hangs for a few seconds or minutes.
- If the user encounters a pop-up on the screen and the window program crashes.
- When the error code 6150 1006 pops up on the screen.
How to fix QuickBooks error 6150 -1006?
The user can fix the error by following any of the below stated methods. Let us explore each of the methods one by one.
Method 1: Basic troubleshooting steps
- If the error message is linked to the file extension of the company file, then in such case the user is required to consider changing the file extension and then save the company file with a proper extension.
- Then, the user is required to authenticate whether the company file is opening on any other device or not.
- Also, the user is required to re-install the QuickBooks software, in case the file is not up-to-date.
- The user has to save the QuickBooks for Macintosh in Mac system and not in the windows based system.
- Lastly, the user is required to perform a proper antivirus update before opening the company file, in order to avoid the error.
Method 2: Creating new QuickBooks file
A new QuickBooks file can be a perfect solution to get rid of the QuickBooks error 6150 -1006. The steps involved in this method are as follows:
- First of all, the user is required to open the QuickBooks desktop.
- The next step is to create a new company, on the no company open window.
- And then, visit the QB setup windows and then enter the required information.
- The last step is to tap on the create company option and you are good to go.
Method 3: Conducting complete malware scan of the system
At times, it might be possible that the error is associated with the malware infection on the system. In such cases, the user is required to run an antivirus and also scan the device completely.
Method 4: Performing a restore from backup
- To start with, the user is required to launch QuickBooks and then click on the file, followed by opening or restoring the company file.
- Moving to the next step, the user has to select the restore a backup copy and then click on the Next option.
- Once done with that, the user is required to select the local backup followed by Next.
- Then, the user is required to pick the location of the company file backup, from the drop-down menu.
- Now, the user is required to ensure the backup is available with the .qbb extension.
- The next step is to click on the open option, followed by visiting the save option in the drop-down menu, and select the location.
- The last step is to type a new company filename and verify that the file is saved in the auto restore file .qbw.
Method 5: Use Auto data recovery
Auto data recovery is a tool developed by Intuit that can help the user in repairing the QB company file. It should be noted that the process is quite lengthy and can take a few days or so. The catch here is that the user will not be able to use the QuickBooks accounting software, till the time the process continues. Thus, this should be the last option to prefer, in order to fix the QuickBooks error 6150.
Method 5: Check for CryptoWall settings
- At first, you need to click on Start menu.
- After that type “File Explorer” and hit Enter into search option
- After that open File Explorer.
- Open your QuickBooks folder that usually on your C: drive.
- Now search the files that contains words like “decrypt” or “instructions” (.txt or .html).
Read also: Resolve basic QuickBooks company file issues
This drives us to the end of this article, and we hope that the information provided in this article might be of some help to you. Following any of the above discussed methods will surely help the QB users to fix the QuickBooks error 6150, -1006.
However, if any of the methods didn’t work in your favor, and the error continues to trouble you, then the user is can speak to our QuickBooks professionals via our toll-free number i.e. +1-866-707-7925. And our team of QuickBooks enterprise support experts and certified QuickBooks professionals will provide you with round the clock assistance.