- Last Updated on:   Jan 9th, 2020
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: Enterprise Errors
QuickBooks is the most efficient business accounting software of the rapidly growing business organizations around the globe. It also helps in various operations that are necessary for effective business working throughout such as accounting, payroll, bookkeeping, invoice generation, and other. But due to some or the other issues QuickBooks generally face a common error code that is – QuickBooks Enterprise Error 6190, -816.
In this technical post, we are going to focus particularly on QuickBooks Error 6190, -816 and its solution. If you see the message “An error occurs when QuickBooks tried to access the company file (-6190, -816),” don’t worry. There’s an issue with your multi-user network, not your accounting data.
This error code signifies that the QB user is unable to access the company file. Usually this error code appears with a warning message that is – “QuickBooks was unable to open the file [path] on the host computer”. If you require immediate help for the Error 6190, -816 under the guidance of experts –you need to speak with the QuickBooks enterprise support team anytime.
Reasons of QuickBooks Error Code 6190, -816
Here are some of the causes due to QB Error 6190, -816 appears:-
- If the QB Company file is open on multi-user environment.
- If you are trying to access the company file place in single-user mode via other system or network at the same time.
- In case, the company files are under the Read-only mode.
- This error can also arise in a situation where the company files are updated but not the transaction files.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks Enterprise Error 6190, -816
Checkout the possible fixes to resolve the QB Error Code 6190,-816:-
Method 1: Downloading and running QuickBooks file doctor tool
- Download, install and run the ‘QuickBooks File Doctor Tool’ as a system administrator.
- The user should log in as admin, if not already.
- The user will get two options displayed on the screen namely, Network Connectivity Only and Both File Damage and Network Connectivity.
- The user is recommended to opt for the first option. The reason behind this can be that this will detect all the corrupted and damaged files.
- After that, the user is supposed to enter the admin password, when needed.
- In the last step, the user will be asked whether the file is on workstation or server. Then in that case, the user needs to opt for the option as the case may be and hit Proceed.
Method 2: Fix the Discrepancy
In order to get rid of the error, the user can rename the files. Renaming the file would not cause any no data loss. The steps to be followed in this process are as follows:
- First of all, the user needs to open the company folder and then find the company file.
- The next step is to right click the company file and then select the rename option.
- Now, rename the transaction log file.
- And then exit the system, followed by opening the QuickBooks and logging in the company file and you are good to go.
Method 3: Single User-Mode check
- Sign-out QuickBooks for all the servers. Later, restart it and copy or replicate the QB data files to some other location different than the original source. Afterward, paste it to the original location & log-in the QuickBooks application.
- You need to change the file mode other then read-only mode.
- In the server, install the QuickBooks Database Manager Manager (QBDSM) that stores all the Company files. Then, after the installation process completed- restart the server..!
- If the error pertains, use the QuickBooks Auto-Recovery Data tool.
You may also read: What are the Keyboard shortcuts for QuickBooks?
Get Instant help and support by experts
It is very difficult for a business to run properly without the services of QuickBooks desktop. Moreover, it may also lead to loss of crucial data and information associated with the business.
You might also like: