- May 14, 2019
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: Enterprise Errors
QuickBooks is the most efficient business accounting software of the rapidly growing business organizations around the globe. It also helps in various operations that are necessary for the effective business working throughout such as accounting, payroll, bookkeeping, invoice generation, and other. But due to some or the other issues QuickBooks generally face a common error code that is – QuickBooks Enterprise Error 6190, -816.
In this technical post, we are going to focus particularly on QuickBooks Enterprise Error 6190, -816 and its solution. If you see the message “An error occurs when QuickBooks tried to access the company file (-6190, -816),” don’t worry. There’s an issue with your multi-user network, not your accounting data.
This error code signifies that the QB user is unable to access the company file. Usually this error code appears with a warning message that is – “QuickBooks was unable to open the file [path] on the host computer”. If you require immediate help for the Error 6190, -816 under the guidance of experts –you need to speak with the QuickBooks enterprise support team anytime.
Reasons of QuickBooks Error Code 6190, -816
Here are some of the causes due to QB Error 6190, -816 appears:-
- If the QB Company file is open on multi-user environment.
- If you are trying to access the company file place in single-user mode via other system or network at the same time.
- In case, the company files are under the Read-only mode.
- This error can also arise in a situation where the company files are updated but not the transaction files.
Solution of QuickBooks Enterprise Error 6190, -816
Checkout the possible fixes to resolve the QB Error Code 6190,-816:-
- Download, install and run the ‘QuickBooks File Doctor Tool’ as a system administrator. Choose the alternatives to eliminate the error that occurs due to data or network connectivity problem.
- Rename the file with a word “.OLD” extension without removing the previous extension.
- Sign-out QuickBooks for all the servers. Later, restart it and copy or replicate the QB data files to some other location different than the original source. Afterward, paste it to the original location & log-in the QuickBooks application.
- you need to change the file mode other then read-only mode.
- In the server, install the QuickBooks Database Manager Manager (QBDSM) that stores all the Company files. Then, after the installation process completed- restart the server..!
- If the error pertains, use the QuickBooks Auto-Recovery Data tool.
Instant Help and Support
It is very difficult for a business to run properly without the services of QuickBooks desktop. Moreover, it may also lead to loss of crucial data and information associated with the business. In order to rectify this error with the assistance of QuickBooks support professionals – dial the toll-free helpline number of our Intuit certified technician’s .i.e. +1-866-707-7925.
You might also like: