- Last Updated on:   Jan 10th, 2020
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: Enterprise Errors
Got QuickBooks Error code 80070057? Here is the solution!
QuickBooks is an innovative bookkeeping and accounting software that millions of business owners across the world find useful. It allows them to handle some of the most complicated tasks such as tracking daily transactions, managing expenses, invoicing customers and tax filing. But, despite being a robust software it sometimes receives errors.
QuickBooks is a top-notch accounting software but it’s not entirely free from errors. Today, through this blog I am going to discuss on one of the most common error code (.i.e. QuickBooks error 80070057) that is reported by many QB users in the community.
You may also read: What is unrecoverable errors in QuickBooks?
What is QuickBooks Error Code 80070057?
One error that occasionally pops up while opening company files is QuickBooks Error 80070057. This error code generally reads “80070057: the parameter is incorrect.” It denotes that the user doesn’t have required permission to delete the company files from its current folder or location. In order to access the company file, you would be required to read/write also create/delete rights.
You may see the following error message on your computer screen:
Another error message you might see:
Error: 80070057 the parameter is incorrect or You do not have sufficient permissions
80070057 the parameter is incorrect.
Error Code 80070057: “There was an unexpected error reported while trying to run QuickBooks”
Error: “80070057: parameter is incorrect” when clicking on a QBB, QBM, QBW, ND, or TLG file from a Google Search Timeline.
In this blog post, we are giving out some tips to get rid of this issue and enable you to resume working. However, you can hire a QuickBooks enterprise support expert in order to save your valuable time and efforts.
Let’s start with the causes behind to this error.
See Also: Resolve error code 15107 in QuickBooks
What causes QuickBooks Error Code 80070057?
One or more of the following reasons may cause this windows update error:
- The company file can’t be read because its extension has been changed.
- Damaged or corrupt QuickBooks installation.
- Windows file extension type is wrong for QuickBooks application.
- Your system’s firewall is not configured for QuickBooks desktop.
- You are attempting to open a portable file while QB accounting tool isn’t open.
- You are trying to open a file which is stored on USB flash drive.
- Your company file has a damage that is detected by QuickBooks at the time of installation.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80070057?
Perform the following given recommended solutions to resolve the Error code 80070057:
Solution 1: Verify the company file name extension
- Right-click on the company file.
- Click on Properties and then QuickBooks.
- Make a note of the file extension from the Filename field and the current version of QuickBooks in the last opened file.
- Click OK button.
Change the extension
- Make a new folder.
- Copy and paste the company file into the new folder.
- Rename the new folder.
- Change the extension of the file to .qbm
- To save changes click anywhere on the screen.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop to restore the Portable.
- Rename the extension to .qbb if you are not able to open QuickBooks.
- Open QuickBooks desktop and restore the Backup.
- Rename the file extension to .qbx if it still doesn’t open.
- Open QuickBooks Convert to an Accounting copy.
Copy the company file and paste it into another folder in Flash drive
- Open the Windows Explorer with QuickBooks Desktop.
- Right-click on “File” option and select New Folder.
- Copy (CTRL+C) the “Companyfile.QBW” from Flash drive and “Paste” (ctrl+v) it in the new folder.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and then the new folder.
Solution 2: Perform a clean installation of QuickBooks
Perform a clean install while Uninstalling and reinstalling QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Convert the files from Mac to Windows (Mac users only)
In case you are converting files from Mac to Windows, make use of the Back-Up option available in Windows function and convert QuickBooks from Mac to Microsoft Windows.
Solution 4: Install and run the QuickBooks File Doctor
- Download and Install QuickBooks File Doctor tool from Intuit’s official website.
- Once the QuickBooks file doctor tool is downloaded run it.
- The QB file doctor toll will automatically detect the ongoing problem and try to resolve it.
Solution 5: Configure BitDefender to allow QuickBooks Desktop Communication
- Go to the main menu of BitDefender 10.0 and choose Antivirus.
- Select Custom Level.
- Select Exclude path from the scan.
- Select New item
- Choose the mapped drive or UNC path used to browse the company file, for example “Q:\”.
Solution 6: Run QuickBooks with admin permissions
Ensure that your QuickBooks has sufficient permissions so it can run hassle free without any problems.
- First of all you need to close your QuickBooks desktop.
- After that right-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Now choose Run as administrator.
- If your company file didn’t open automatically, you need to choose the company file and then click on Open button.
By following the above steps if you still get the same error while installing the QuickBooks then try to download again the QuickBooks program from the website.
Solution 7: Resolving Error 80070057 manually
Step 1: Renaming the .ND file
- First of all, the user needs to browse to the location of the company file.
- And then, look for the corresponding .ND file of the company file.
- The next step is to right click the .ND file and then select Rename.
- Now, type in .old at the end of the name.
Note: The user might proceed to the next step, in case he/she is using QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
Step 2: Running QuickBooks database server manager on the server
- The user needs to download and install the QuickBooks tool hub, if not downloaded earlier.
- And then, select the network issues, in the tool hub.
- The next step is to select QuickBooks database server manager. In case QuickBooks isn’t installed on the server, the user will be prompted to install it.
- After that, the user needs to select the start scan option inside the QuickBooks database server manager, in case the company file folder is displayed. In case they aren’t displayed, then the user needs to browse to the location of the company file and then select the start scan option.
- The last step is to opt for the close option and you are good to go.
We hope that you are able to fix the windows file error – QuickBooks Error Code 80070057. If the issue persists or you need any other assistance related to QuickBooks, you can call our 24×7 QuickBooks support toll free number 1-866-707-7925 and speak to an expert.
You’ll also like: