- October 23, 2019
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: Enterprise Errors
Are you facing difficulty in fixing QuickBooks error 12029? Well, if yes, then need not to worry as this article will be helping you with the ways to fix this issue. The error 12029 occurs when the QuickBooks software fails to access the server. This might happen due to timed-out request or at the time when the QuickBooks access is blocked by the firewall.
In this article, we will be discussing the causes, and the various fixes to this error. However, for expert assistance, you can make a call at our toll-free QuickBooks support number .i.e. +1-866-707-7925 and consult our technical support team anytime.
What Triggers QuickBooks error 12029?
- Any kind of error occurs in SSL function.
- Another reason behind error 12029 can be any kind of changes to be made in the setting of the internet connection.
- In case the internet explorer is not set as the default browser.
- This kind of error could be seen, when the connection gets interrupted by any antivirus or firewall settings.
- Also, when the internet security settings are not properly configured, this type of error could be seen.
These were a few of the external triggers, whereas there are a few internal causes as well, which might cause this type of error. The internal causes of QuickBooks error 12029 are as follows:
- QuickBooks connectivity failures
- Connection issues
- QuickBooks update timeout
- When QuickBooks is blocked from accessing the server
You’ll also like: How to reconcile accounts in QuickBooks?
Steps to Fix QuickBooks error 12029 like a pro
There can be more than one solution to this QuickBooks error 12029. In this article, we will be exploring each of the solutions one by one. Let us begin with the solutions:
Solution #1: Downloading updates by using the reset update feature
The user is required to reboot the system, and then follow the steps below:
- Firstly, the user is required to look for QB desktop icon.
- After that, right-click the icon.
- The next step is to look for Run as administrator and then click on the same.
- Now, the user is required navigate to the Help menu at the time when the user is on the No company open screen.
- Once done with that, choose Update QuickBooks option, from the submenu items.
- Then, the user is has to search for the Option tab and click on the same.
- The next step is to select the Mark all option.
- Now, hit the save button.
- Moving ahead, the user is required to navigate to the Update now tab.
- Now, checkmark the Reset update box.
- The next step is to click on the Get updates button.
- And then, close the QB desktop, once the update process comes to an end.
- Moving ahead, reopen the QuickBooks software.
- After that, hit Yes when the prompt appears to install the update.
- Moving to the next step, the user is required to wait till the QuickBooks installation completes.
- And the final step is to restart the system.
Solution #2: Removing QuickBooks from Firewall settings
- The first step in this process is to click on the Start button and then type Windows Firewall in the Search Programs and Files search box.
- In the next step from the list of programs, the user is required to click on the Windows Firewall.
- And then, right-click the Inbound Rules and New rule under the Advanced settings option.
- Now, hit next under the Programs, and then opt for This Program Path.
- Moving ahead, the user is supposed to select the QuickBooks file location and hit Next.
- The next step is to select the Allow the connection option and then move forward by hitting Next button.
- Once done with that, the user is required to ensure to check-mark the check-boxes and tap on Next option once again.
- Now, type a name for the rule and click on the Finish option.
- After completing these steps, the user is required to repeat the same procedure for setting the inbound rules, in order to set the outbound rules.
- Also, ensure to select the Outbound installed of Inbound.
Solution #3: Starting Windows in safe mode
- First of all, open the settings by pressing Windows + I keys.
- After that, search for Update & Security option and then click on the same.
- The next step is to click on the Recovery option.
- Now, the user is required to visit the Advanced startup option.
- Followed by, clicking on to the restart now option.
- After the above step, the system will restart and then an option screen will appear.
- Now, the user is required to click on the Troubleshoot and Advanced options respectively.
- The next step is to select the Startup setting and then hit the Restart button.
- After that, permit the system to restart. Once it restarts, the user is required to select 5 from the list of options for using the system in the Safe mode with networking.
- And the last step is to check whether the QuickBooks error 12029 is rectified or not.
These were a few of the methods that can help the QuickBooks users to fix the QuickBooks bug 12029. We hope that the information provided in this article, would make it easy for the QuickBooks users to tackle this issue on their own.
However, in case of any difficulty, or if the error continues to trouble you, feel free to speak to our QuickBooks enterprise support team. You can make a call at our toll-free number .i.e. +1-866-707-7925, and our team of experts and certified professionals will ensure to provide you the best possible support in no time.