- Last Updated on:   Feb 6th, 2020
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: Enterprise Errors
Best Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error code 1402 in Windows & Mac OS
If you look for the best place to keep your accounts secure then, QuickBooks is the perfect solution for you. It is one of the most persuasive accounting software affirmed by all kinds of business enterprises all over the world. QuickBooks is embedded with various new and upgraded features. It is an excellent tool to be used to grow up your business. But being software, it may also encounter some technical issues or errors in it.
In this article, we will discuss one of the most common error – QuickBooks Error 1402. This error occurs when there is corruption found in the operating system. We will also learn the various causes behind this error code 1402 and also read out the solutions to resolve this issue.
However, you can contact our 24/7 QuickBooks enterprise support team to save your time and efforts to resolving the on-going error. Simply ring up at our toll-free number i.e. +1-866-707-7925, and executives will be there to assist you in a single call.
You will also read: How to fix QuickBooks error code 30159?
What is QuickBooks Error code 1402?
The error code 1402 is one of the common errors that frequently occur when you are working on QuickBooks. It is often faced when you operate QuickBooks Payroll accounting software in Windows or Apple Mac OS X operating system. This error can also be seen when there is some corruption in the software. But, it can easily be solved by following some simple steps later given in this article.
You may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
Error 1402: ‘Couldn’t Open Key.’
Causes for QuickBooks Error code 1402
There are several reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error 1402. Read the causes given below:
- When there is a corrupted QuickBooks Installation file.
- When the installation is done from a damaged CD
- When there is an Inappropriate or incomplete Installation of the program.
- This error occurs when windows are not updated to the latest version.
- Some Corruption found in the software.
- When you go for excessive startup entries of programs and applications
- Some failure in the hardware.
- This type of error can also be seen, when windows segments like .Net Framework and MSXML need a particular purpose to install and run third party applications on Windows.
How to Prevent QuickBooks Error Code 1402?
Read the following points that will help you to prevent your software from the Error 1402:
- You should backup your data frequently.
- Avoid interruption in software installation even if it is taking longer time.
- Make sure that you delete all junk files and have a clean reinstallation of QuickBooks again.
- Remember to regularly update your QuickBooks software.
Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error 1402?
There are many solutions available to fix this error in the software. Most of them are listed below:
Solution 1: Install and use QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
You can install this tool from Intuit site as it fixes all the errors related to installation:
- First, Download the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool from the intuit website.
- Close all the programs running behind the window.
- Now, run the QBInstall diagnostic tool. It may take around 15 to 20 minutes according to the network speed.
- Then, restart the software after the process is complete.
Solution 2: Update the Windows and Install the missing updates
- Press the ‘Windows‘ icon from the bottom of the desktop.
- Update the Windows and select ‘check for updates’.
- Install the pending updates.
- Restart the computer after all the updates.
Solution 3: Re-Install QuickBooks Software
This method can help in improving the working of the software.
- Go to the ‘Start‘ menu and open the ‘control panel‘.
- Then, Search for ‘add or remove programs’.
- Find out QuickBooks and install it.
- Restart your computer and reinstall QuickBooks again.
Read Also: Easy Guide Fix Printing Issues in QuickBooks
Solution 4: Download and Run QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic tool
- First, Download and install the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool in your system.
- Run the tool in your software.
- The Diagnostic tool will scan and starts troubleshoot to fix the error.
- Then, Restart the computer.
By following the steps given above will surely help you to resolve the error code 1402 in the QuickBooks software. You can try the solutions one by one and if the error is not fixed by following the one. You can also prevent your software by going through the points given in the article.
If you face any query then, you can talk to our professionals for solving your doubts. You can anytime contact us on our QuickBooks support number .i.e. +1-866-707-7925 and make the use of our expert’s knowledge. We are always there for your help.