- Last Updated on:   Feb 6th, 2020
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: Enterprise Errors
QuickBooks is the leading and most effective software for accounting and bookkeeping for all types of business owners. QuickBooks is introduced by Intuit to meet the requirements of the business enterprises in the matters of accounts. Intuit QuickBooks is serving the best services to the people for many years and is proving itself. Being software, it sometimes encounters some issues either technically or in the access.
There are many common errors that QB users encounter very often. This article discusses one of those errors i.e. QuickBooks error code 15106. This article also covers its various causes and methods to resolve it.
Reading this article till the end will help you to fix the issue. However, if you wish to save some time and efforts, you can simply contact our QuickBooks online support team via our toll-free number i.e. +1-866-707-7925. Our team of experts and certified professionals will help you in fixing the issue within no time.
What is QuickBooks Error code 15106?
This error code usually arises when there is a problem in the update program. Sometimes, When you try to use QuickBooks payroll and you try to unable to update then QuickBooks Update Error 15106 can also occur. This software has always amazed the QuickBooks users with its extraordinary features. But, they sometimes face some errors during its access and one of them is error code 15106.
When this error occurs, you get a message on your screen saying-
Error 15106: ‘The update program damaged or the update program cannot be opened’.
Error 15106: The update program is damaged
Causes Behind QuickBooks Error 15106
There are many causes for the occurrence of this error in the software. Some of them are given below:
- Improper installation of QuickBooks software
- Due to viruses or malware, there may be a disintegration of windows.
- When Spy Sweeper is present in the webroot anti-virus software
- Users might not have logged in with the username having admin level rights.
Read Also: Easy Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 6175
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15106
The easy methods to fix QuickBooks error 15106 are given below:
Solution 1 – Login as Administrator
- Open C Drive from my computer.
- Then, open C :\ Program Files\ Common Files \ Intuit\QuickBooksxx\Components
- Navigate the folder named ‘downloadqb<nn>’ and rename it to ‘download<nn>.old.’
This will definitely solve the issue but, if you still face this error then you can try the other solution given below.
Solution 2 – Remove or Uninstall the ‘Spy sweeper Program’.
- Go to the Start menu in the search box.
- Type ‘Add/Remove Programs’
- Find Spy Sweeper in the windows.
- Click on it and choose the ‘Uninstall’ option.
- The computer system will remove it from your system.
Solution 3 – Turn Off User Account Control (UAC)
- First of all Press “Windows+R” keys to open the Run window, on your keyboard,
- After that type Control Panel and hit “Enter” key.
- Now choose the “User Accounts” and then select “User Accounts” (Classic View).
- Choose change user account control settings. If you are prompted by UAC, choose Yes to continue.
- Move to the slider.
- You need to set to Never Notify and choose OK to turn UAC OFF
- You need to set to Always Notify and choose OK to turn UAC ON ( Note: if prompted by UAC, select Yes to continue.)
- Finally reboot the computer.
Solution 4 – Perform a clean install in Selective Startup
Click here to perform a clean installation of QuickBooks desktop.
The above steps will surely resolve the QuickBooks error code 15106. In this post, we have given all the possible causes and major solutions to fix this error. The QB users will definitely be able to detect and resolve the error code 15106 in the software with the help of this article.
We hope that this article will surely provide the best guidance for all the QB users. To solve any other Queries, feel free to dial our QuickBooks enterprise support helpline .i.e. +1-866-707-7925 and get in touch with our tech experts.
Thanks for spending your valuable time in reading this article. We hope that at the end of this article, you might be able to get rid of the issue.