Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error 6123 at Home Like a Pro
If you try to open QuickBooks files in multi-user mode, you may experience QuickBooks error 6123. This blog post is crafted to offer you the detailed information of this error as well as its reasons and solutions. So if you have received this error on your screen, just read on and you will be able to get rid of this error by following the troubleshooting steps provided in the following post.
Fundamentally, QuickBooks Error Code 6123 arises when the user tries to upgrade the QB Company files to new version over a network. Also, it also appears if the QB user tries to restore the QB Company file backup or open/access the company files in multi-user mode.
When this error occurs you may see the following error message on your desktop screen;
Error -6123, 0 while opening or upgrading your company file
Why QuickBooks Error 6123 Occurs?
Check out these possible reasons behind occurring the QB Error 6123:
- While using flash drive to restore the information directly.
- If the QB user attempt to restore data from removable storage device.
- Due to incorrect firewall setting the server connection is damage.
- Damaged QuickBooks data files & programs.
- Firewall settings denied the access of QB Company files to access associated ports.
- Damage or distorted Windows user.
Consequences of QuickBooks Error 6123
- User become unable to open/access the QB Company files.
- Incompatible to upgrade QB Company files or access it.
- If an old QuickBooks version file open in the new QB version incorrectly.
- System become unresponsive & freezes after intervals.
- Windows crashes suddenly.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6123?
Follow the step by step procedure to resolve the QB Error 6123. However, If you need quick professional technical assistance – you can get in touch with the QuickBooks enterprise technical support team by dialing toll-free 1-866-707-7925.
Solution 1: Install and run QuickBooks File Doctor tool
QuickBooks File Doctor tool is a feature available in all QuickBooks 2016 and later versions. You can use it to get rid of QuickBooks Desktop Error 6123. Download, install and run the tool to fix the issue and resume working. However, make sure that QBFD you use is updated. In case you don’t have file doctor in your software, you can download it for free from the internet.
Solution 2: Fix the error manually
If the error persists even after trying QBFD, try manual troubleshooting procedures to fix it. But before you begin, make sure you reboot your computer. If the QuickBooks accounting software that you use is single-user, turn off the multi-user hosting and then update your system firewall or antivirus settings. If that doesn’t work, move on to the next step.
Solution 3: Check the Standby Mode
Verify if the host computer is in standby or hibernation mode. Because that might disable you and other users access QuickBooks company files and cause error code 6123. You can reconfigure the host computer to get rid of the issue.
Solution 4: Fix the damaged Data files
- Press “Windows+E” keys and a “Windows Explorer” window will open.
- Go to the folder that has QuickBooks company file stored.
- Select and right click on the “file” that has the company file name followed by” extension.nd“
- Rename the company file with “.ndold” and hit “Enter” key.
- Allow QuickBooks accounting software to create a new data file for your company.
- Go back to the desktop screen and then go to the company file and switch to single-user.
- Select a QuickBooks company file and choose “Utility“.
- Choose “host multi-user access” and log in to “multi-user mode” through the file.
Try these quick possible fixes too
- Firstly Try to Open QuickBooks Desktop on the new computer.
- You need to Open QuickBooks software on the same computer you used to create the backup company file.
- Open your original company file once. (Make sure you are not opening it from the backup)
- You need to Create a portable copy (.qbm) of your company file.
- Restore your company file using the portable copy (.qbm) instead of the backup.
We hope that after reading this blog post, you are able to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6123. In case the issue still exists, you can dial +1-866-707-7925 and speak to our QuickBooks support expert. We boast cutting-edge tools and technology along with years of experience in serving an assortment of industries and can provide you with quick and apt solutions of all QuickBooks related issues.
You may also like these topics: