- Last Updated on:   Jan 10th, 2020
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: Enterprise Errors
Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error 6123 at home Like a Pro
If you try to open QuickBooks files in multi-user mode, you might experience QuickBooks error 6123. This blog post is crafted to offer you the detailed information of this error as well as its reasons and solutions. So if you have received this error on your screen, just read on and you will be able to get rid of this error by following the troubleshooting steps provided in the following post.
However, if you are seeking for professional assistance, or you want to save the time and effort in fixing the issue, then in that case the user can simply make a call at our toll-free number .I.E. +1-866-707-7925. Speaking to our team of experts and certified professionals will help you to fix the issue with much ease.
Brief into QuickBooks error 6123
Fundamentally, QuickBooks Error Code 6123 arises when the user tries to upgrade the QB Company files to new version over a network. Also, it appears if the QB user tries to restore the QB Company file backup or open/access the company files in multi-user mode.
When this error occurs you may see the following error message on your desktop screen;
Error -6123, 0 while opening or upgrading your company file
Why QuickBooks Error 6123 Occurs?
Check out these possible reasons behind occurring the QB Error 6123:
- While using flash drive to restore the information directly.
- If the QB user attempt to restore data from removable storage device.
- Due to incorrect firewall setting the server connection is damage.
- Damaged QuickBooks data files & programs.
- Firewall settings denied the access of QB Company files to access associated ports.
- Damage or distorted Windows user.
Consequences of QuickBooks Error 6123
- User become unable to open/access the QB Company files.
- Incompatible to upgrade QuickBooks company files or access it.
- If an old QuickBooks version file open in the new QB version incorrectly.
- System become unresponsive & freezes after intervals.
- Windows crashes suddenly.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6123?
Follow the step by step procedure to resolve the Error code 6123. However, If you need quick professional technical assistance – you can get in touch with the QuickBooks enterprise technical support team.
Solution 1: Install and run QuickBooks File Doctor tool
QuickBooks File Doctor tool is a feature available in all QuickBooks 2016 and later versions. You can use it to get rid of QuickBooks Desktop Error 6123. Download, install and run the tool to fix the issue and resume working. However, make sure that QBFD you use is updated. In case you don’t have file doctor in your software, you can download it for free from the internet. The steps involved are as follows:
- First of all, download and run “QuickBooks file doctor”.
- The next step is to, “browse” the “company file”.
- After that, the user will be required to select the “check file damage only”, and then “diagnose file”.
- Now, the user needs to enter the “admin password” and then hit “OK”.
- Once done with that, the user needs to select the “Open file” in newer version or “repair file” in the existing version.
- After which the user needs to follow the prompts.
- The last step is to “reboot” the system and you are good to go.
Solution 2: Fix the error manually
If the error persists even after trying QBFD, try manual troubleshooting procedures to fix it. But before you begin, make sure you reboot your computer. If the QuickBooks accounting software that you use is single-user, turn off the multi-user hosting and then update your system firewall or antivirus settings. If that doesn’t work, move on to the next step.
See also: How to navigate QuickBooks faster?
Solution 3: Check the Standby Mode
Verify if the host computer is in standby or hibernation mode. Because that might disable you and other users access QuickBooks company files and cause error code 6123. You can reconfigure the host computer to get rid of the issue.
Solution 4: Fix the damaged Data files
- Press “Windows+E“ keys and a “Windows Explorer“ window will open.
- Go to the folder that has QuickBooks company file stored.
- Select and right click on the “file“ that has the company file name followed by “extension.nd“
- Rename the company file with “.ndold” and hit “Enter“ key.
- Allow QuickBooks accounting software to create a new data file for your company.
- Go back to the desktop screen and then go to the company file and switch to single-user.
- Select a QuickBooks company file and choose “Utility“.
- Choose “host multi-user access” and log in to “multi-user mode“ through the file.
Solution 5: Moving company file to a different location
In case the user is unable to open QuickBooks company file, then in that case the user needs to try moving to a different location and open the same. Moreover, if the user is using a server connection, then make an attempt to copy file on the system and open it.
Solution 6: Using QuickBooks auto data recovery features
Another solution for the same can be to restore the QuickBooks adr file copy of the file and see if it works. It might be possible that there is a slight chance that the file is corrupted and this might resolve QuickBooks error 6123.
Solution 7: QuickBooks Tools Hub
The QuickBooks tools hub can be of great help in fixing various errors. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- First of all, the user needs to “close QuickBooks”.
- And then, download QuickBooks tool hub file, and then save the file somewhere the user can easily find it.
- The next step is to “open” the downloaded file.
- After that, the user needs to follow the “on-screen prompts” for installing and agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- The last step is to double click the icon on the windows to open the tool hub.
Try these quick possible fixes too for fixing error code 6123
- Firstly try to “Open QuickBooks” desktop on the new computer.
- You need to Open QuickBooks software on the same computer you used to create the backup company file.
- Open your “original company file” once. (Make sure you are not opening it from the backup)
- You need to “Create a portable copy” (.qbm) of your company file.
- “Restore” your company file using the portable copy (.qbm) instead of the backup.
Read also: Manage QuickBooks advanced inventory easily
We boast cutting-edge tools and technology along with years of experience in serving an assortment of industries and can provide you with quick and apt solutions of all QB related issues.
You may also like these topics: