- July 9, 2019
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: Enterprise Errors
Learn Simple Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6189
QuickBooks is an innovative accounting software trusted by tens of millions of small and mid-sized business owners all around the world. But like any other computer software, QB too isn’t fully error proof. One issue that QuickBooks users frequently come across is QuickBooks Error Code 6189. The error code is defined as, “when you try to open your company file, you’ll see an error 6189. It means that your company file isn’t accessible.”
Read on this blog post to know how you can spot, avoid and fix this issue. However you can save your time and efforts by taking help from QuickBooks support to resolve this error quickly.
QuickBooks Error Code 6189 – Reasons
One or more of the following reasons may cause error code 6189.
- Damaged software download or incomplete installation of QuickBooks accounting software.
- Windows registry has some corruption caused by a recent QB software change.
- Virus, malware or other infection in Windows files or QuickBooks related program files that spoiled the important files of software.
- A dubious software deleted vital QB program files or other program files of another software.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6189?
Solution 1: Restart your computer as well as server
- Restart all computers (in case of multi-user setup) that have access to your company file.
- In case your data is on a server, restart that too.
- Move on to the next solution, if the issue persists.
Solution 2: Install QuickBooks Database Manager on your server
- Either install QuickBooks software or QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the server where your company file is stored.
- Additional license is not required during the installation of the Database Manager.
- Install the Database Manager if there is no QuickBooks database user.
- Restart your server after installation is complete.
Solution 3: Check if your data file is stored on a network drive
- Make sure that your QuickBooks file is not stored on a NAS device or any other removable drive.
- These devices are not allowed to run the QuickBooks Database Manager.
- Sometimes this setup can trigger data corruption.
Solution 4: You are using data file share service
- As a business owner, you should keep from using file-sharing services such as Box.net, Dropbox, and Sugarsync and different online sync services.
- This error may also be occurring if you use online auto backup utilities.
- You may face this error if you are to accessing your company file through any data file share service.
- To avoid these problems, you can move your company file to some other location than the dropbox folder. You can copy the file and paste that to c drive of your computer.
Solution 5: You can use encryption software on your computer
- It’s not advisable to encrypt your company file.
- Don’t encrypt company file in your computer.
The above-mentioned methods should enable you to resolve QuickBooks Error 6189. However, these do-it-yourself methods don’t work all the time. In case the issue persists, you should not waste any more time and immediately contact our QuickBooks enterprise support experts at +1-866-707-7925. We boast a team of experienced QuickBooks professionals who can provide you with precise solutions in no time.