- Last Updated on:   Jan 16th, 2020
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: Enterprise Errors
A simple guide to fix QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303, or H505 on your own
QuickBooks is a popular software widely used by small and mid-sized businesses and individuals. It helps business owners meet their business goals by managing their business adeptly and allowing them to focus on other non-accounting tasks. But sometimes this robust software receives errors that may be annoying and time taking. In this blog post, we are going to educate you on QuickBooks Error Codes H101, H202, H303, or H505. The errors are also called H series errors that generally appear when you try to open QuickBooks company files that may be stored on a different computer.
These are common errors, especially QuickBooks Error H202 and Error code H505, and can be fixed by following some simple troubleshooting steps. But before we move on to the solution part, it’s imperative to understand about these errors and the reason behind to this error.
For more details, the user can simply get in touch with our QuickBooks support team via our toll-free number i.e. +1-866-707-7925. We own a team of experts and certified professionals who leave no stone un-turned to provide the best possible support services.
You might also like; Resolve the Balance sheet Out of Balance error in QuickBooks
What is QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303 and H505?
H Series Error Codes like (H101, H202, H303, or H505) are extremely most common errors that occurs in multi-user environments. These errors may occur when you’re attempting to transfer a company file from 1 computer to another computer, but you are being prevented by it. To fix these type of errors we recommend you to run the QuickBooks file doctor tool which is designed to deal with these type of errors.
The another reason for occurring these errors might be you don’t have QuickBooks desktop installed on your server along with the QuickBooks database server manager. We also recommend you to add it on your server to get rid of from these errors..
Causes Behind QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303 and H505
There may be numerous reasons that may trigger these errors. When you try to open a QuickBooks company file in multi-user mode, you may receive the following errors-
QuickBooks Error Code H202:
When Error code H202 occurs you may see the following image on your desktop screen:
- You’re trying to open a QuickBooks company file that is stored in another computer and this QuickBooks replica can’t reach the server on that computer.
- Your QuickBooks accounting software may not be able to communicate with the server and causing this error.
QuickBooks Error Code H505, H101 & H303
- You’re trying to open a company file that is stored on a different computer and the other computer requires extra installation and setup.
One or more of the following causes may trigger H series error-
- QuickBooks file hosting configuration/setting is wrong.
- QuickBooks communication is being blocked by system firewall.
- QB workstation can’t ping the Host computer, i.e., IP address is not reachable.
- QB Database Manager is conflicting with DNS Server.
- Some QuickBooks Services or components are damaged.
- Multiple Database Server Manager versions that are running may be clashing.
- QuickBooks Error Code H202 port is unavailable.
Read Also: How to resolve QuickBooks error 6175?
How to Fix QuickBooks H Series Error (H101, H202, H303 and H505)?
The solutions to H series errors (H101, H202, H303, or H505) in QuickBooks accounting software are different depending on the cause of the error. The troubleshooting is, however, pretty much similar in most of the cases. You need to check out this infographic to see quick steps to resolve the issue. However, the step-by-step guidance is given just below of the image.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor tool
If you already have an updated version of QuickBooks File Doctor tool, you can use it or install and run the repair tool to fix H series errors and other multi-user errors. If the error persists, try the next solution.
Note: You can download QuickBooks file doctor tool from here.
Solution 2: Verify hosting and services
- Open QuickBooks, go to ‘File‘, and select ‘Utilities‘ (do this on all hosting computers).
- Systems showing ‘Host Multi-User Access‘ on the list are not hosting the file. Move to the next computer and consider not making any changes on your workstation.
- Select ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access‘.
- If you see File Must Be Closed window, click ‘Yes‘.
Verify the services
- Check if the ‘QuickBooksDBXX’ and ‘QBCFMonitor Service‘ are active.
- Click the ‘Start‘ button on your computer.
- Press ‘Windows + R‘ keys to open ‘Run‘ command.
- Type ‘MSC‘ in the box and press ‘Enter‘ key, on your keyboard.
- In service window, scroll down and select ‘QuickBooksDBXX‘ service.
- If QuickBooksDBXX Service is unavailable:
- Use Database Server Manager and check if the Database Server Manager is installed on the server.
- In case you run the complete program on the server, select and verify that hosting is enabled in QuickBooks.
- Double-click on the ‘QuickBooksDBXX service‘ and verify the ‘Startup Type and service status‘ has begun.
- Select ‘Recovery‘ option
- Restart your computer. It will automatically restart ‘QuickBooksDB‘ service if it fails. Repeat the process for Second failure.
- ‘Save‘ all the changes.
- Repeat the above steps for ‘QBCFMonitor Service‘.
- Open QuickBooks on computer in ‘Multi-user mode‘.
Solution 3: Configure Firewall to communicate with QuickBooks
Uninstall any antivirus, windows defender or other protection tools that Windows came equipped with.
- Fix ‘Connection Windows Firewall‘ Settings
- Right-click on ‘Outbound Rules‘, and click ‘New Rule‘
- Select ‘Ports‘ and then ‘Next‘.
- Choose ‘TCP‘ in the local ports box.
- Click ‘Next‘ and Allow the ‘Connection‘ tab.
- Click ‘Next‘ and enter a file name in the name field, for example, “QuickBooks ports” and hit ‘Finish‘.
- Follow the same steps for the Inbound Rules.
- Now, open QuickBooks in ‘Multi-user mode‘.
Solution 4: Ensure that your server is added to the Windows host file
- If the issue persists even after configuring system firewall, edit the ‘Windows hosts file‘.
Solution 5: Create a new folder to store QuickBooks company file and share it on all computers by allowing access to share company files
- Create a ‘New folder’ on the hosting computer and share it.
- Set windows to ‘Allow permissions‘ to share company files.
- Save or copy the ‘.qbw file‘ in the new folder.
- Open your QuickBooks company files in multi-user mode.
Solution 6: Repair/Update QuickBooks
- Click on ‘Windows‘ button and open ‘Control Panel‘.
- Select ‘Programs and Features‘ and then QuickBooks.
- Click ‘Change/Repair‘ option.
- Read the prompts and ‘Allow‘ the positive options while the software gets repaired.
- Once the repairing is over, Update QuickBooks to the latest release.
Solution 7: Open up network ports QuickBooks to Communicate configure the firewall
- The first step is to visit the ‘Windows firewall settings‘.
- And then, select the ‘outbound rules‘ and then tap on ‘new rule‘.
- After that, the user needs to click on ‘ports‘ and then click on ‘Next‘.
- The next step is to click on ‘TCP in the local ports box‘.
- Once done with that, the user needs to select ‘allow the connection option‘ and then the user should provide the port name.
- Now, click on the ‘finish‘ option.
- And then, carry out the same steps for ‘Inbound rules‘. All you need to do is to select inbound rule instead of outbound rule.
- The last step is to try to run QuickBooks in ‘multi user mode‘.
To Wrap up!
If you try the above solutions, you will most likely be able to fix QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303, or H505. In case the issue persists, you can dial our toll-free QuickBooks support number .i.e. +1-866-707-7925 and get immediate solutions from our certified experts.