- May 24, 2019
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: Enterprise Errors
Here are the top tips to Fix QuickBooks has stopped working error
If you are an existing QuickBooks user, you’ll know how useful this software can be. It can enable us to manage and handle some of the most intricate business tasks such as making payments, tracking expenses, and creating invoice with ease. But sometimes we receive some errors while installing updates, opening a company file or performing other tasks.
In this blog post, we are going to discuss that unpleasant moment when we receive one of the most common QuickBooks errors that reads – “QuickBooks has stopped working or QuickBooks not Responding”. After this error message appears, our system may freeze and QuickBooks may not open even after restarting the system.
But don’t worry, this blog post is going to educate you of all the possible reasons behind this error and its solutions. So, read on!. However, in case you are not a tech savvy and want to hire an expert to resolve this error then you can contact to our QuickBooks enterprise support team at +1(866)707-7925. Our professionals will be pleased to help you in that case.
QuickBooks has stopped working error – Possible Reasons
- The company name may be too large and make QuickBooks unresponsive and thus QuickBooks has stopped working.
- Corrupt or damaged QBWUSER.INI file.
- Your hard drive may be damaged.
- The program’s files may be faulty or corrupted.
- QuickBooks Desktop may not be functioning appropriately.
- Your Windows operating system may be damaged.
You’ll also read: Fix QuickBooks activation errors when adding license & product numbers
Symptoms of QuickBooks has stopped working error
- Your system shuts down abruptly.
- QuickBooks stops working or slows down.
- System freezes regularly.
- There is a damaged or missing program files
- QuickBooks does not open or take very long to open.
Note: If you have been observing the above-mentioned symptoms, fix your software immediately or your data, as well as the computer, may be at risk.
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks has stopped working error?
You can try below given solution methods in order to resolve this error. You need to be careful while performing the steps as any wrong action might lead to the further problems in your QuickBooks software.
Solution 1: Install and run (or use inbuilt) system repair tool
- Download QuickBooks repair tool for Intuit’s official site (if you don’t already have the latest version of repair tool).
- Save the downloaded file in a local folder.
- Close every open program and install the tool.
- Allow the QuickBooks file repair tool to run a scan on your computer.
- Allow the tool to repair the existing issues and restart your computer.
Solution 2: Turn off Your Antivirus temporarily
- Restart your computer.
- If the error still persists, turn off your antivirus.
- The procedure to turn off different antivirus programs is not the same and thus you should contact your antivirus support or your IT professional.
Solution 3: Rename the INI file
- Renaming the QBWUSER.INI file you may remove the issue of your opened company file and you may be able to re-open your company file(s).
- We suggest you change the name of the DataStore.ecml file.
- If you are able to use QuickBooks software, try opening a test QuickBooks file.
Solution 4: Reinstall QuickBooks using clean install
If none of the above-mentioned solutions work, you may have to reinstall QuickBooks using clean install.
Solution 5: Create a new Windows Admin User
This issue may also appear if your Windows is damaged, in that case, you can create a new Windows user account.
- Click the Start button and open Control Panel.
- Click the Add or Remove User Accounts link.
- Once the Manage Accounts dialog box opens, click Create a New Account.
- Type in an account name and select to create Admin account.
- Click the Create Account button.
The solutions provided above are simple and can be performed without considerable IT knowledge. But in case you are not able to perform them on your own or the issue still persists even after trying all the solutions provided in this post, you can dial +1-866-707-7925 for assistance and speak to our QuickBooks support team and certified experts.
You might also like