- Last Updated on:   Jan 15th, 2020
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: Enterprise Solutions
A Quick Guide on How to Install and Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is a useful and efficient tool to diagnose and fix installation errors during QuickBooks Installation process. The tool is equipped to handle multiple issues that can occur in C++, .NET framework or the MSXML.
It’s a repair tool which is designed to identify and solve the issue automatically. It decreases the time to resolve the issue. It is recommended by the QuickBooks support experts to run a QuickBooks install diagnostic tool before using manual methods to resolve the issue.
The tool is developed to make things easy by identifying and solving issues automatically. To know more about this tool, make sure to read this blog post till the end, or you can also get in touch with our QuickBooks support team via our toll-free number i.e. +1-866-707-7925.
You may also read: Steps to integrate two or more data files in QuickBooks
What are QuickBooks Installation Errors?
Errors that can be resolved using QBInstall Diagnostic tool:
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool can fix a wide range of problems that occurs in QuickBooks while installing or setting up the QB Software desktop version. If you are a victim of the below given errors at the time of opening QuickBooks Desktop after installing it, Follow the below given steps to resolve it.
|QuickBooks Error Code 1603||C++ related errors|
|.NET Framework errors||QuickBooks unrecoverable error|
|QuickBooks Error Code 1904||QB Error Code 1402|
|MSXML damage||QB is not working error|
|QuickBooks Error Code 1935||QuickBooks has stopped working error|
How to Download and Install QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool?
Know the steps to download and install this tool.
- Download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the internet and set-up file in the system.
- Save the setup file on your desktop.
- Now close all the apps that are running on your system background.
- You will notice .exe file on the system, just double click there to run the file.
- Restart the system after the diagnosis to ensure that the QuickBooks components are updated correctly.
You can also update your windows operating system to prevent yourself from facing these type of installation errors. (Note: Check out this article in order to manually update your window OS at Microsoft site.)
Blog Summery in Infographic
Resolve QuickBooks Installation Errors Using QBInstall Diagnostic tool
Below are the steps that might help you to resolve any installation error that occurs in QuickBooks at the time of software installation.
Step 1: The first step is to run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
After you run the tool, restart your system. This will ensure that QuickBooks components are updated correctly.
Step 2: Download the latest update for ‘Windows.’
Once the updates are installed, restart your computer.
Step 3: Manually resolve the errors
In case QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool doesn’t fix your issue, you can manually try to fix the components.
Step 4: Uninstall/ Install QuickBooks Desktop
If the error still occurs, then there might be an issue with your operating system or computer.
Step 5: Check your Firewall Status
You need to check your computer firewall settings. This will help your to set-up the company file that is accessible from a hosted device. It gives the proper information on the Firewall
- After running the tool there might be a chance to reactivate or re-register the QuickBooks Desktop.
- If still the problem persists and there is an error, then consult a QuickBooks expert.
- If there is an error while installing QuickBooks updates, then run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool or contact a professional.
You may also read: Resolve QuickBooks Web Connector Errors
Steps to Mend Installation Errors by using ‘QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Check out these quick fixes to resolve the installation errors by using the QBInstall diagnostic tool.
- Start the system in ‘Selective start-up mode‘.
- Press ‘Windows+R‘ keys to open the ‘RUN’ command.
- Type ‘msconfig’ on the run command and click ‘OK‘.
- Now in the General Tab- select ‘Hide all Microsoft Services.’
- Choose ‘Disable all’ option from the open tab.
- After disabling all option, unmark ‘Hide Microsoft services’ checkbox.
- Tick the ‘List of services’ and select the ‘Windows Installer checkbox’. Ensure to tick this and press ‘OK‘ button.
- Go to the system configuration and choose ‘Restart’, to restore the computer to its ‘Normal Configuration.’
We hope that you find this article helpful to understand all about QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool. If you still face the error and are in need for an expert advice then, dial toll-free +1-866-707-7925 and speak to our certified QuickBooks enterprise support technicians.