- Last Updated on:   Jan 15th, 2020
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: QuickBooks
Here is how you can clean install or re-install QuickBooks for your Windows computer
QuickBooks Clean Install Tool is useful in fixing a wide range of issues that may damage performance of QuickBooks Desktop. However, just a basic re-install doesn’t redress the issues. To fix QB errors, you should ‘un-Install‘ QuickBooks desktop for windows, Rename the company files, and afterward, Re-install the program. This whole procedure is known as ‘Clean Install‘ or ‘Clean Uninstall‘ of QuickBooks.
Please note that to perform the clean installation of QuickBooks you must have QuickBooks desktop download document or QuickBooks installation CD alongside the license number accessible before you play out an ‘Un-establishment‘ process.
To get any help related to it, you can contact QuickBooks enterprise support team. You can simply ring up at our toll-free number i.e. +1-866-707-7925, and our team will be there to provide you round the clock assistance.
You may also read: QuickBooks File Doctor tool
What is QuickBooks clean install tool?
QuickBooks clean install tool is basically a repairing tool that is generally used to fix the damaged in the QuickBooks damage function. There can be issues that might not get resolved only by re-installing QuickBooks desktop.
Such issues are generally resolved by uninstalling QuickBooks, retitle the installed files and then reinstalling the same again. This complete process is named as clean install of QuickBooks desktop and is can be performed with the help of QB clean install tool.
Points to remember
Before the user uninstall the QuickBooks software, there are certain points that he/she needs to keep in mind.
The points to remember are as follows:
- Having the installation CD and license number or the downloaded file that are available on the desktop is one of the essential points.
- Also, the user needs to backup the company data file because there are chances for the data loss.
Methods to Use QuickBooks Clean Install tool
The repair tool for the complete ‘Clean Install QuickBooks‘ procedure incorporates an ‘Uninstall, renaming QuickBooks company file(s) and Re-installing QB Desktop.
Following is step by step guide to perform uninstalling and reinstalling of QuickBooks:
Method 1: QuickBooks Desktop Un-Installation
- Press ‘Windows+R‘ keys on the keyboard to open ‘RUN‘ command.
- Click on ‘Control Panel‘ and then Press OK.
- Next, select ‘Program and Features‘ option.
- Open Programs list, click QuickBooks and then Uninstall.
- Next, follow the online instructions to complete the procedure.
Method 2: Rename the ‘folders of installation’
Post uninstalling QuickBooks, the next step is renaming the folders through ‘Clean Install Tool QuickBooks.‘ You can also rename the QuickBooks Installation folders manually.
Step 1: Download and RUN the QuickBooks clean Install tool
After you have renamed the folders, download and run QuickBooks clean Install tool. Here is how you can perform this step.
- Download QuickBooks Clean Install Tool from here and save it on your computer.
- Open ‘QuickBooks Clean Install exe.‘
- Select ‘I Accept‘ that is composed on license agreement.
- Select ‘QuickBooks desktop version‘ and then ‘Continue.’
- Press ‘OK‘ button when a message box that reads QuickBooks is prepared to complete a ‘Clean Install,’ appears and you can install this to the default index.
See Also: QuickBooks database server manager tool
Step 2: Manually rename ‘QuickBooks desktop Installation Folders’
Next, you can rename the ‘QuickBooks Desktop Installation envelopes‘ to show the hidden documents and after that rename the ‘folder location,’ listed for the MS Windows version. Add ‘OLD‘ at the end of the name of the folder. With this activity, you will maintain a strategic distance from QuickBooks from perceiving the folder while you make another one.
Step 3: On the off chance that you see the mistake, which says – ‘The Access Denied while the Renaming the organizers’
The following steps will assist you get rid of the above situation:
- On the ‘Windows Taskbar’, right-click and select ‘Task Manager‘
- Go to the ‘Processes tab‘ and select ‘Image name column header‘ to unravel the processes alphabetically.
- Select ‘QBDBMgern.exe, QBDBMr.exe. , QBCFmonitorservice.exe, qbw32.exe , and hit ‘END‘.
- Select ‘YES‘ when you receive a warning message box.
Method 2: Complete a ‘Re-Installation of QuickBooks Desktop’
The final step to uninstall and reinstall process is to ‘Download and Install‘ QuickBooks Desktop. The progression finishes the QuickBooks Clean Install process.
We hope that you find this article help you complete QuickBooks Clean install tool for the Windows. But in case you face any issue, you can always contact our 24×7 QuickBooks Support team at +1-866-707-7925 and speak to certified experts.