- November 27, 2019
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: QuickBooks
There is no doubt in the fact that QuickBooks has been used by many a businesses worldwide top streamline their accounting process. QuickBooks is accounting software which helps organizations prepare their records easily. But this software sometimes faces errors which occur when one tries to restore a backup file in QuickBooks. At that time, the error which occurs states ‘Restore failed can’t remove log file’ or ‘This is the invalid format of post QuickBooks 2007 Backup file’. This means that the restoration has failed and various reasons can be responsible for this failure.
In this blog, we will apprise you about the possible causes and how you can restore QuickBooks backup file issue. However, our QuickBooks support team is always ready to help you out in your QB related problems.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Restore Failed Error
- Backup is restoring the file which already exists.
- You are able to restore the backup through USB flash drive.
- Wrong backup file is being restored.
- Backup was done with the latest or different version of QuickBooks.
Causes of QuickBooks Restore Failed Error
QuickBooks users face issues when they try to restore data from QuickBooks backup files, during which the process fails with one of the following messages:
‘Error: Restore Failed. This is an Invalid Format of a Post QuickBooks 2007 backup File’.
‘Error: Restore Failed. Can’t remove log file’.
Reasons for Failed Restoration:
- Damaged or corrupted company file.
- Backup has been restored in the existing file.
- There are special characters in the company file.
- Backup has been restored from a USB flash drive.
- Restored file is not a true QB backup file.
- Backup has been restored in older version but was done in latest version.
Points to Remember:
QuickBooks Background Details:
- Your data is saved by QuickBooks in file with .qbw extension or .qb2017.
- QuickBooks allows you to create a full backup. .qbb or .dmg extensions are used in the file.
Steps to Resolve ‘QuickBooks Restore Failed’ Error
Below we have provided some troubleshooting steps to resolve the QuickBooks restore failed error:
Solution 1: Ensure there are no Special Character from Company file
Rename the file by deleting special characters from Company File.
Solution 2: Do not Overwrite an Existing File
- Save file where you can easily access it.
- If the name of file is same as any other file, then you will get a message- ‘The file name exists. Would you like to overwrite this file?’
- Click No and change the name.
Solution 3: Either use Same or New Version of QuickBooks
To get information about your QuickBooks version, you can use QuickBooks File Manager while you are trying to restore the backup file.
Solution 4: Confirm the True backup File
- Make sure that the file you are trying to restore is not less than 6 MB in size. So, check the file size once you have created the company file backup.
- On the File option, right-click on it and choose Properties
- If the size of file is less than 6 MB, the file is not a true backup file. Therefore, you will have to new backup.
Solution 5: Repair your Company File
There are a number of reasons due to which the company file can be affected. You can troubleshoot any kind of data damage using QuickBooks File Doctor.
Solution 6: Restore the QuickBooks Manually
To repair QuickBooks manually, a user can use QuickBooks inbuilt Rebuild and Verify utilities.
- Go to QuickBooks File menu > Utilities > Rebuild Data
- After this, go to QuickBooks File menu > Utilities > Verify Data.
This blog will help you to restore the backup file in QuickBooks and fix this issue manually. In case, you are not able to fix this issue then you can get in touch with our certified QuickBooks experts to get the best solutions.
You can call us on our QuickBooks enterprise support number .i.e. +1-866-707-7925 which is toll-free and our team on the other side is available round the clock to help you with their experience and knowledge.