- June 1, 2019
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: QuickBooks
Whenever installing new software in the system, it is necessary to look for all the system requirements for that software. The same is with QuickBooks and you should check for the system requirements before purchasing the QuickBooks version.
This Intuit QuickBooks has been helping over 29 million businesses in the United States and thus, it is necessary for them to use with right configuration.
In this article will are going to help you to understand the system requirements for different -different versions of QuickBooks desktop software. Also we will let you know that what is the latest QuickBooks software system requirement. However, if you have any doubts or want a consultation from the experts then we recommend you to get in touch with our QuickBooks certified professionals. Our QuickBooks support team is always there to help you out with 24/7 hour of customer service.
System Requirements For QuickBooks and It’s all Versions & Editions
QuickBooks Desktop 2019 and Enterprise Solutions 2019
- Windows 10: All editions with 64-bit and Natively Installed
- Windows 8.1 (update 1): All editions which include 64-bit, Natively Installed
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1: All 64-bit edition and Natively Installed
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2011
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- For Windows: Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2011, Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1 (update 1) or Windows 7 SP1 (Enterprise and Professional editions only), also Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, and Windows 10, natively installed.
- Linux: -only installation: OpenSuse 42.3, Fedora 27, Red Hat Enterprise 7 when you using QBES Database Server.
- Browser Requirement: Internet Explorer 11 (32 bit)
Hardware and Operating System Requirements (client and server):
- 2.4 GHz processor Minimum
- 4GB RAM minimum and 8 GB RAM Recommended
- Server RAM Requirements
- 8GB RAM: 1-5 Users
- 12GB RAM: 10 Users
- 16GB RAM: 15 Users
- 20+GB RAM: 20 Users
- 2.5 GB disk space
- Additional Software is provided for Microsoft .NET 4.6 Runtime on the QB CD 60MB.
- Intuit Data Protect in QB Connected Services offerings
- Minimum 4 GB RAM
- Twice the size of the largest file for backup or restore is required.
- When using US QB Software, US version of Windows is required
- When using Canadian QB software, make use of the Canadian version of Windows
- Regional setting is supported when set to English with keyboard setting to US/CA only
- Administrator rights will be required while hosting Multi-user access on server computer
- Natively Installed
- For CD installations: 4X DVD-ROM drive
- Higher with up to 2 Extended monitors or 1280 x 1024 screen resolution
- Default DPI Setting.
QuickBooks is quite compatible for users and helps them to interact with third party applications. Integrations for this with QuickBooks are below:
- Office 2016 including Outlook 2016 on 32 and 64 bit.
- Office 2010 and Office 2013 and 365 both on 32 and also 64 bit (including Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013)
- Gmail Estimates, Invoices and other forms with Microsoft Outlook with office 365, Microsoft outlook 2010-2016 and other support to Gmail, Yahoo! Mail and Outlook.com.
- Microsoft word 2016, 2013, or 2010 or Office 365 (includes 64-bit) for preparing letters
- Microsoft Excel 2016, 2013, or 2010 or Office 365 (Includes 64-bit) to export reports
- Outlook 2010 (32-bit) to contact Synchronization with Microsoft Outlook.
- Requires QB contact Sync for Outlook synchronization Outlook.
- QB Point of Sale Version 18.0 and Version 12.0 (applies to US only)
- TurboTax 2018 (Personal and Business)
- Lacerte 2018 and 2017 (applies to US)
- Pro-Series tax years 2017 and 2016 (US only)
- Quicken 2018, 2017, 2016
- QB for Mac 2016 (US only)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view forms, Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later to open the forms which face difficulty while opening
- Internet access with at least 56 Kbps connection speed for payroll and other online features.
- Yahoo Email, Hotmail, Windows Mail, AOL and Gmail.
- Internet Explorer 11.
Firewall and Antivirus Software Compatibility:
- Firewall and antivirus products are supportive to QB Pro/Premier 2019 and Enterprise 19.0
- Windows Server Firewall
- Windows 7 Firewall
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 Firewall
System Requirement For QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 2017
Operating System Supported:
- Windows 10 (64 bit)
- Windows Server 2012 R-2
- MS Windows Server 2011 R2
- Windows 8.1 (64 bit)
- Windows 7 Service pack-1 (64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- MS Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 7 SP1
- Linux is required when using QBES Database Server-only installation
Hardware and Operating System Requirements:
- Minimum 2.4 GHz processor
- Minimum 4 GB RAM required ( 8 GB RAM Recommended)
System Requirements for QuickBooks Desktop POS:
- 4 GB RAM for single workstation and 8 GB RAM for multi-user
- 1 Gb disk space
- 4 GHz processor for single users and 2.8 GHz for multi-users
- Multi-core processor for multi-user implementations.
System Requirements For QuickBooks For Mac
QuickBooks for Mac 2019 (US Only)
Minimum System Requirements:
- MacOS 10.12 (Sierra) ad should be supported by macOS 10.13 and macOS 10.14
- 2GB RAM ( 4GB Recommended)
- Product registration
- 250 MB disk space should be available
- CD/DVD Drive for download installation
- Printer to print invoices, checks, etc.
- Use intuit checks
- Intel processor (Core Duo 2 or higher) is required
- To export data, Microsoft Excel 2016 or later, Apple Numbers v3.5, including Mac Office 365 are required
- Apple Mail, Microsoft Outlook 2016 or later, including Mac office 365, almost all support to Email is required for Emails
- Intuit Merchant Services for QB for Mac is required in order to accept debit and credit cards.
- Integrating Processing Payroll: Requires a paid subscription, EIN and Internet access for QuickBooks for Mac.
- To print checks and forms in QB payroll for Mac, Adobe reader and printer would be required because of its basic needs of the system. (Additional fees apply)
- Top pay may differ from those of QB. even more, details visit the website at www.macpayroll.com and www.matrix.com
- A one-way conversion is being supported by QBD for Mac 2019 in QuickBooks online and the same is also supported from QBD for windows 2016 to 2018
- Supports Round-Tripping with QuickBooks for Windows 2019 as it is a better option to send data file to Accountant.
System Requirements for the older versions of Mac:
- MacOS 10.10.2 and MacOS 10.11 are required for QuickBooks for Mac 2016 R5 or earlier.
- MacOS 10.11 and MacOS 10.12 are required for Mac 2016 R6 and later
- At least 2 GB RAM and 4 GB is recommended
- 250 MB disk space
- Intel Core 2 Duo or higher should be the Mac processor
- If you wish to print checks, then use intuit checks
- Product registration is required
- A 100% Macintosh-compatible printer if print of invoices, checks, purchase orders, reports and graphs are required.
Integration/Compatibility Requirements of QuickBooks software:
- Apple Mail, Outlook 2011 for Mac or Microsoft Entourage 2018 are required for e-mail
- Internet connectivity is required for QuickBooks Payroll for Mac and Adobe Reader is required to print checks and forms.
- Apple Numbers ’09, Microsoft Excel 2008 or 2011 are required to export report information
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016 supports one-side conversion from QB for Windows OS 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2016.
- Intuit Merchant Service is required to accept credit and debit cards directly into QB 2016 for Mac.
- If QB is integrated with Mac, then a paid subscription, internet access and EIN are required to process payroll.
System requirements for QuickBooks App:
- 4 GB RAM
- 2.4 GHz
- SIMD Extensions 2 (Support for Streaming)
- Solid State Drive
- 1 GB
- Minimum internet speed 512 Kbps
- Recommended speed- 1 MBPS
- Or as suggested by QuickBooks Online
MACHINE TYPES SUPPORTED:
SUPPORTED QUICKBOOKS SYSTEM:
For Windows: Windows 10, Windows 7 and Windows 8.1
For Mac: Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), Mac OS 10.9 (Mavericks), and Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
- 1280*800 screen resolution or higher than that
- Between 1200*800 and 1600*900
- It’s Between 1600*1200 and 1920*1200
- Between 1920*1440 and 2560*1440
- Up to 200% DPI
- Extended monitor support
The blog will be quite useful for you to find the exact system requirements required QuickBooks Accounting Software. If you wish to seek more help or guidance, connect with our QuickBooks enterprise support experts at toll-free number +1-866-707-7925.
Some other helpful articles