- July 5, 2019
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: QuickBooks
Discover the steps to update QuickBooks Desktop
Willing to update your QuickBooks to the latest version? Well, almost each one of us is aware that Intuit provides updates to QuickBooks that can be downloaded from the internet. These updates are also known as maintenance releases or patches. Many of QuickBooks users get confused with the upgrades, but it is not as typical as it looks. Upgrades and updates add significant new features or functions to the program. Therefore, it is important to download every available update, in order to enjoy amazing new features and functionalities.
To get details about QuickBooks desktop enterprise installation, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks enterprise support team at +1-866-707-7925. Our Intuit certified experts have wide range of knowledge about the product knowledge and help you to install your software swiftly.
As per the QB experts, the new QuickBooks desktop 2019 certification features new ways of learning along with demonstrations that showcase the use of QuickBooks Desktop. Also, this edition spotlights a few more features including:
- Easy version upgrades
- Condensed data file optimization
- Customer invoice history tracker
Read also: What is QuickBooks Error Code 1321?
Ways to Update QuickBooks Desktop
Basically, there are three methods excluding manual update that can be followed to download the update from the internet and each of the methods requires a good speed internet connection. Let us explore each of the methods one by one:
- Automatic Update Method (default setting)
- On-Demand (Immediate) Update Method
- Release Download
- Manual Update
Once the QuickBooks updates are successfully downloaded, QuickBooks automatically install the all important files to the right location on your computer.
1. Automatic Update Method
As the name states, in this method, QuickBooks automatically checks the Intuit server for new updates. Also, the update is downloaded when the internet connection is not in use. As per the default setting of QuickBooks, whether the software is running or not on the system, it will automatically download the available updates from the Intuit server. It should be noted that this feature or setting of QuickBooks can be disabled, in case you don’t want QuickBooks to update automatically. For the ones who are not aware of how to disable the automatic update, we have jotted down the steps to disable this feature. Let us have a look:
- The very first step is to click on “Update QuickBooks” from the Help “Menu”.
- Then, Click on the options tab in the “Update QuickBooks” window.
- Now, select the option as per your requirements. i.e. whether to disable or enable update.
- Choose the update you want to get and also eliminate the updates from the update section that you do not wish to update If you want to enable the Automatic Update option.
- If you disabled the option after that you will not get any notification even if there is any type of upgrade are readily available on the Intuit web server.
- Now click on the “Save” option and then tap on close.
2. Immediate Update Method
The next method is the immediate update method. In this method, one can download the update from the Intuit server directly on the computer. Regardless of the fact that QuickBooks is running in the system or is close. QuickBooks users can use this option at any time and immediately download the updates even in the case when the automatic update is enabled in the software. The catch in this method is that the user is required to check for updates approximately once a month.
How to check for and install updates:
- Click on “Update” QuickBooks from the “Help” menu
- Now, click on the “Update Now” tab
- The next step is to choose the updates that you wish to download and hit Get updates
- Now close QuickBooks and the next time you will restart the software it will prompt you to install the update later or now, depending upon the version of QuickBooks.
3. Release Download
In case the QuickBooks users are facing the problem with update feature, or if they do not want to install updates by using the update feature, they can download and install available updates. It is strongly needed that one must use the update feature to install the available QuickBooks Updates.
Download Updates for Multi-User Mode in QuickBooks Pro and QuickBooks Premier
For using QuickBooks Desktop Pro or Premier in multi-user mode, you have to install the update on each computer you are utilizing. You can link all your systems to the Internet as well as download and install all the updates. Also you can download and install the update in one computer on your network as well as share it.
Easy steps for sharing the updates the users need must complete the given process:
- Firstly you need to open the “Shared company file“.
- After that click on “Update QuickBooks“, from the “Help” menu
- Visit to the “Options” tab and hit a single click on it.
- Now you need to set the “Share Download” option to “Yes“.
- Finally click on the “Save” button.
Following the above-listed steps would definitely work, especially when followed correctly. If you face any sort of difficulty, it is suggested to get in touch with our QuickBooks support team of experts at +1-866-707-7925 and get all your queries answered.