- Last Updated on:   Jan 16th, 2020
- Posted by: QB Support Team
- Category: Enterprise Solutions
25 Reasons Why You Should Upgrade to QuickBooks Enterprise from QuickBooks Pro/Premier
Is your business garnering more revenue than before and you are planning to expand and hire more employees? Or, are you an accountant and seeking to serve your clients with more accuracy and results? In either of the cases, if you use QuickBooks Pro or Premier, it might be time to upgrade to QuickBooks Enterprise. In this blog post, we have concluded some of the most popular and useful features of QuickBooks Enterprise. Read on and find it yourself if it’s about time you upgrade to QuickBooks Enterprise.
You may also read: How to Disable Merchant Services in QuickBooks MAC?
Features and benefits of QuickBooks Enterprise
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Premier may get sloppy if you have to open or work on the file size of “250 MB” or more. On the other hand, QB Enterprise can easily handle files of much larger sizes.
- While QuickBooks Pro and Premier have a limitation of list name (maximum 14,500 customers, vendors, employees, items and other names), QuickBooks Enterprise enables you to add as many names as you want.
- While QuickBooks Pro is limited to 3 and Premier to 5 users, QuickBooks Enterprise host as many as “30 users” at the same time. Besides, the Latter also enables you to set up particular roles for every user and task-based security access.
- You can create up to “15 custom item fields” and 12 custom name fields with QuickBooks Enterprise, while Pro is limited to 5 and Premier to 7.
- Intuit built QuickBooks Enterprise with “Windows Terminal Services” in mind, and therefore, it works great with multiple users connected to one “Windows Server“, no matter locally or remotely, with MS Windows Remote Desktop function.
- You can also configure QuickBooks Enterprise to accommodate data field format input specifications and drop down menus in custom fields. The added “Custom fields” can further capture more data to search or filter on custom reports.
- QuickBooks Enterprise makes it simple to search for items within transactions like “Purchase Orders and Invoices“. You can use numbers, description or both to find a specific item from a large item lists.
- This tool allows you to consolidate reports from various QuickBooks files into one financial statement in MS Excel.
- A feature called “Enhanced Inventory Receiving” separates the receiving process from the accounts payable process and enables you to maintain a separate receipt date of inventory from the bill date.
- With “Automatic Price Markup“, you can “configure the MARGIN” or the “MARKUP” of an item to be fixed, and the software will itself update the sales price in case the cost changes.
- You can use “Automatic PO,” to create a Purchase Order to stock up to recommended levels. It also enables you to track both minimum and maximum reorder points.
- Its Default Classes let you assign a class in transactions to an account, item or name (Customer/Vendor/Employee).
- In Vendor Transactions, for example, Checks, Bills and Credit Card Transactions, you can use a “Sales Rep” and “Custom Fields“.
- With QB Enterprise, you get “WIP Summary Report” (Contractor Edition) along with the percentage of completion calculation. And Committed Costs by “Job Report” (Contractor Edition) displays estimated costs of open purchase orders as well as time sheets assigned to jobs.
- With Enterprise you can automatically build assemblies with sub-assemblies. Also, remove or replace discontinued entries and auto-calculate the cost of assembly items based on “Bill of Materials“.
- It prevents negative quantity on items by catching inventory errors and restricts users from selling items through invoice or sales receipt that have less amount than what has to be sold.
- Make use of options to hide “opening balances” on items and customers and vendors. Also, prevent users from putting in opening balance information.
- Keep from selling to overdue customers with “Optional feature” that would disallow users from creating invoices for customers who have any unpaid invoice post due date.
- You receive “Shortage Report” for inventory assemblies that show the items needed to build an assembly that falls short and is highlighted as pending.
- An “Inventory Shortage Detail Report” consists of all pending builds and items required to complete the assembly.
- You can subtotal item quantities and custom fields, sort items by any column, print footer on the last page, and compose alternate gray lines when “Printing or creating PDF” transactions.
- QuickBooks Enterprise enables you to see the item’s cost in the sales forms, sales orders, invoices and sales receipts, which used to be available on Estimates only.
- Use “Advanced Reporting“, a fully customizable pivot-style advanced reporting.
- Delete checks, invoices or bills in batch to save time and rectify errors.
- Enterprise gets automatically upgraded to the latest versions, provided you have an active subscription.
In the end, we can see that QuickBooks Enterprise consists of many new and advanced features that can help you manage your business faster and more accurately. If you have any doubt or you need any assistance, you can call our 24×7 QuickBooks Enterprise Support team at +1-866-707-7925.